- Sal La Rocca
- Press Kit
The SAL LA ROCCA Band
- New Album Release: IT COULD BE THE END
Pers: Sal La Rocca (d.bass), Lorenzo Di Maio (guitar), Pascal Mohy (piano), Hans van Oosterhout (drums)
Featuring: Jacques Schwarz-Bart (tenor sax)
The SAL LA ROCCA Band takes us into a personal world of modern jazz. The top-flight musicians in this group take us on a journey of harmony and rhythm in perfect balance. Their music is light and blends the past and the present. There’s swing, groove, strength and tenderness.
- BIO OF SAL LA ROCCA -
Born: August 20, 1961 | Instrument: Acoustic bass
- After A Stint With Rock Playing Guitar, At Age 23, Sal La Rocca Discovers Jazz In The Early 80's And Switches To Double Bass Which He Intensively Explores On His Own, Taking As A Model Paul Chambers.
- Steve GROSSMAN (t.sax) hires him for a Tour in the Benelux and south of France, to appear in the major Festivals.
- He plays with Sal NISTICO (t.sax), Jacques PELZER (a.sax) and Mal WALDRON (p)
- 2 concerts with Charlie MARIANO (a.sax).
- Lee KONITZ (a.sax), Jean-francois PRINS (gt) and Bruno CASTELLUCCI (drs), and a live CD.
- Live CD with Toots THIELEMANS .
- Irland, Romania, Benelux.... with,Toots THIELEMANS "quartet"
- CD with Anne Ducros (voc.) "quintet" with Gordon BECK (p) Didier LOCKWOOD (v., tp.) - Bruno CASTELLUCCI (dr)
- Emirate Tour with : Stanley JORDAN (gt) "trio" - Bobby DURHAM (drs)
- CD with Anne DUCROS "PIANO, piano" / Personnel : Chick COREA - Jacky TERRASSON - Enrico PIERANUNZI - Rene URTREGER... + Guest : Bob FRANCESCHINI (t.sax)
- Philip CATHERINE "trio" (Tunis, Bulgaria, Germany…)
- "Jazz a Liege" with Steve HOUBEN "trio" + Richie BEIRACH (p), (recorded by Belgian TV).
- International Tour with Vaya Con Dios
- CD recording with : Olivier HUTMAN (quartet)
- Olivier HUTMAN (p), Jasques sCHWARZ-BART (t.sax), Hans Van OOSTERHOUT (drs).
- 2 CD's (Comme on est venu + Bonus Live) with "VAYA CON DIOS" featuring: Dani KLEIN + European Tour
- 2011 CD with "G.Houben/P.Pedron 5tet +Belgian tour:
G.Houben (tp), P.Pedron (a.sax), P.Mohy (p), Sal La Rocca (b), Rick Hollander (drs)
- Belgium & Lux. tour with Denise King (US) + Olivier Hutman "trio"
D.King (voc), O.Hutman (p), S.La Rocca (b), H.Van Oosterhout (drs)
- NEW ALBUM RELEASE 2012 - Sal La Rocca Band -
Sal La Rocca (b)
Lorenzo Di Maio (gt)
Pascal Mohy (p)
Hans van Oosterhout (drs)
feat: Jacques Schwarz-Bart (t.sax)
This second album IT COULD BE THE END by La Rocca deftly avoids that trap. With the exception of “Crescent”, all the compositions are signed La Rocca but the rest is impeccably balanced and each musician comes out of the adventure with something to remember.
- Musicians with whom Sal played :
- Harold LAND, John ENGELS, Andre CECCARELLI, Bert JORIS, Steve GROSSMAN, Nico MENCI, Dave TURNER, Michel GRAILLIER, Sheila JORDAN, Deborah BROWN, Mark MURPHY, Lee KONITZ, Gordon BECK, Olivier HUTMAN, Bob MOOVER, Stanley JORDAN, Randy BRECKER, Bob FRANCESCHINI, Richie BEIRACH, Scott HAMILTON, Didier LOCKWOOD, Bobby DURHAM, Steve WILLIAMS, Dani KLEIN, Denise KING, Jacques SCHWARZ-BART, William LECOMTE, Pierrick PEDRON, etc...