Matt Walsh & Zhao - Where Were You EP (Kill The DJ) 4 tracks, 1.11.38 Matt Walsh /CloudedVision on January 07, 2013 20:14
- 1. Matt Walsh & Zhao - Where Where You (Kill The DJ) by Matt Walsh /CloudedVision 2.34 2143 plays
- 2. Matt Walsh & Zhao - Venom (Kill The DJ) by Matt Walsh /CloudedVision 2.34 1654 plays
- 3. Matt Walsh & Zhao - Where Were You (DC Salas Remix) (Kill The DJ) by Matt Walsh /CloudedVision 2.34 1367 plays
- 4. Bankcast #6 (Mixed by Matt Walsh) by Bank. 1.03.56 675 plays
- 1. VodkaSt.068 - matt walsh by Gio's VodkaSt 1.11.32 1093 plays
- 2. Matt Walsh @ FEST, Solfa, Tokyo 14.9.13 by Matt Walsh /CloudedVision 1.49.24 6706 plays
- 3. The Clouded Vision Summer Experiment 2013 by Matt Walsh /CloudedVision 1.18.12 2527 plays
- 4. Matt Walsh - Live @ Bugged Out London, 17/5/13 by Matt Walsh /CloudedVision 3.01.27 3956 plays
- 5. Daniel Avery Rinse FM Show w/ Matt Walsh (22nd April 2013) by Daniel.Avery 1.59.38 9377 plays
- 6. R$N - Feb 2013 - Matt Walsh (FREE DOWNLOAD) by Matt Walsh /CloudedVision 57.00 1622 plays
- 7. Matt Walsh 50 min Boiler Room DJ Set by BOILER ROOM 48.03
- 8. Matt Walsh @ TCVE: Sport Club / 5.01.13 by Sport Club 2.10.08 1944 plays
- Go to track Matt Walsh - Live @ The Clouded Vision Experiment, La Villette Enchantee, Paris, Nov 20129. Matt Walsh - Live @ The Clouded Vision Experiment, La Villette Enchantee, Paris, Nov 2012 by Matt Walsh /CloudedVision 2.00.00 2711 plays
- Download track Go to track Matt Walsh @ Lolita, Razzmatazz, Barcelona, 11 2 2012 (DOWNLOAD NOW ACTIVE)10. Matt Walsh @ Lolita, Razzmatazz, Barcelona, 11 2 2012 (DOWNLOAD NOW ACTIVE) by Matt Walsh /CloudedVision 1.57.38 2403 plays
- 11. Matt Walsh - Live @ Bugged Out Birthday, London, Oct 2010 by Matt Walsh /CloudedVision 2.59.24 3050 plays
- 12. Bankcast #6 (Mixed by Matt Walsh) by Bank. 1.03.56 675 plays
- 1. Remote - Alcyone (Matt Walsh Walsh Remix) (Clouded Vision Recordings) 3.31 1674 plays
- 2. Few Nolder - Noughts (Matt Walsh Remix) (BEST KEPT SECRET) 3.08 1764 plays
- 3. Coldgeist - Sat On The Devils Left (Matt Walsh Remix) (Correspondant) 2.40 3266 plays
- 4. Vosper & Bozzwell - Music For The Lost & Dead (Matt Walsh Remix) (Throne Of Blood) 3.00 1083 plays
- 5. Club Bizarre - La Mort Du Petit Cheval (Matt Walsh Remix) 3.42 1391 plays
- 6. Morgan Hammer - Libillule (Matt Walsh Remix) 3.36 1585 plays
- 7. Big Black Delta - Betamax (Matt Walsh Instrumental Remix) 3.38 1099 plays
- 8. Paul Muller - Williamsburg (Matt Walsh Remix) 3.44 2925 plays
- 9. Hannah Holland - Candy Darling (Clouded Vision Remix) 1.52 1016 plays
- Download track Go to track Passarella Death Squad - Painted Yellow, Painted Black (Matt Walsh Remix) FREE DOWNLOAD10. Passarella Death Squad - Painted Yellow, Painted Black (Matt Walsh Remix) FREE DOWNLOAD 6.38 2223 plays
- 11. Monoblok & PSLKTR - Damage Done (Matt Walsh & Zhao Remix) (MEANT) 3.07 665 plays
- 12. Remain - Concrete (Matt Walsh Remix) PREVIEW (Family Name) 3.24 881 plays
- 13. Murphy Jax - Time To Bump (Matt Walsh & Zhao Remix) - Turbo Recordings 104 PREVIEW 2.51 873 plays
- 14. Eskimo Twins - Judas (Matt Walsh Remix) 7.02 2890 plays
- 15. Peaches - Lose You (Matt Walsh & Alex Jones Remix) 8.37 2123 plays 124.0 BPM
Matt Walsh's Upcoming Gigs
Sunday 22 December, 2013
It's Raw, Hotel Metropol, Larisa, Greece
Friday 10 January, 2014
Silence, Smala, Vilnius, Lithuania
Saturday 08 February, 2014
La Dame Noir, La Dame Noir Dancing, Marseille, France
Powered by GigaTools
Matt Walsh's interest in DJing and production was fostered in the late 1990's, while he was at university and progressive house was at its peak. "I think it all stemmed from going to prog house nights and being the only indie kid," he remembers. "It was the first time I'd heard house music outside my bedroom but I wasn't into the scene. You had to wear shoes and I kept not being let in!"
Fast forward a couple of years, a new decade heralded the birth of Electroclash and with it DJ Hell's Gigolo Records, City Rockers and Playhouse. "Gradually as this new sound appeared it began to suit me more and more; it was my middle ground," Matt recalls. Residencies in his hometown Colchester beckoned, followed by a move 60 miles down the road to London, closer to renowned club nights Bugged Out and Trash and dance music mecca Fabric.
As Matt began to develop his trademark sound of modern disco-infused electronic house and techno, an offer of a residency at East London's seminal T-Bar club set off a chain of events that would lead to Turbo Recordings don Tiga spotting him there in 2007. Following an invite to play "an all-acid party in a cave" in Montreal, Matt was swiftly signed to the label and has resided there ever since.
Matt's hunger for finding new and interesting records, always steering clear from the easy and obvious has allowed him to tour the world, not only with Turbo, but as a long term resident of Bugged Out!
Clouded Vision is not only his production alias, but also the clear minded platform to showcase the musical talent that has caught Matt Walsh’s sights. Matt began working on musical production as part of a duo, formed with friend and studio partner Steve Cook in 2007. After producing their first track together, "Saturation" the pair were soon signing remixes with Turbo and labels such as Mute and Universal Music. His continued success in solo projects and working with Steve gave Matt the confidence to set up Clouded Vision Recordings in 2009. Their first two EP’s were remixed by Permanent Vacation’s 40 Thieves and Portuguese tastemakers Photonz. They continued to gain support from the cream of the contemporary dance music crop including Tensnake, Cosmo Vitelli, The Revenge, Joakim, Mugwump, Trevor Jackson and Shit Robot. Ep's followed from Darabi, Bozzwell, The Countach, Sishi Rosch, Bubba, Remain and Morgan Hammer and planned for the end of 2012, an all exclusive mixed CD compilation titled Matt Walsh Presents: The Clouded Vision Experiment. To celebrate the release a tour will take place across Europe in November/December 2012 with Matt playing alongside some of the artists from the compilation such as Raudive, Remain, Bubba, Snuff Crew and more.
Under his own name, Matt's original material has been described as techno with a propulsive and percussive energy, never afraid to take risks. "I try to move beyond the safer techno house sounds and hopefully create something a bit different. It's important to me to stay true to what I grew up with and I think that comes through in my productions, the EBM and new wave sound."
His combined work with Hypercolor Boss, Alex Jones, on a remix for electro high priestess Peaches' 'Lose You' on XL Records was played on Radio 1’s Essential Mix and supported by Andrew Weatherall, Laurant Garnier, Tiga and Paul Woolford to name a few.
Matt's first 2 solo EP's were released in 2010 through UK club night Wax:On's record label and Turbo label mate Sei A's Seinan Music respectively, and fast became favourites of DJs as widespread as Optimo, Simian Mobile Disco, M.A.N.D.Y, Jennifer Cardini, Chloe, Ivan Smagghe, Cari Lekebusch and of course Tiga. He ended 2010 with his biggest selling piece of music so far, a peak time rolling techno version of Popof's 'The Chomper' on Turbo Recordings tour compilation, Planet Turbo.
Matt began 2011 with a new collaboration EP with French producer Zhao, released on This is Music (home of Boy 8 Bit and DJ Mujava) and a Clouded Vision EP on Parisian label MEANT. Alongside this he produced a slew of remixes on Family Name, MEANT and notably Turbo. His partnership with the new french techno wizard Zhao was strengthened by a hit remix of Murphy Jax's "Time To Bump" finding itself a staple the boxes of dj's including Chloe, Miss Kittin, Brodinski and Tiga.
This year has seen another Clouded Vision EP release, this time on NYC house imprint "Throne of Blood" which has been critically acclaimed across the board. Late 2012 will see the release of the pair's second EP, this time on Chloe and Ivan Smagghe's "Kill The DJ", which will be followed by another EP on Headman's "Relish" imprint in early 2013. Matt has remixed tracks for Big Black Delta, Frankfurt's Paul Muller, Morgan Hammer, Hannah Holland and many more to come which, alongside his first mixed CD release, will mean a big start to 2013.
2012 also saw the start of Matt's new London based clubnight "Movement". Set up alongside new star of 2012, Daniel Avery, the pair have run three nights at Hysteria, Dalston with totally unannounced guests of a calibre as high as Andrew Weatherall, Trevor Jackson and Simian Mobile Disco. Each guest is given the freedom to play whatever records they want in a small capacity basement to a core crowd of music lovers, a unique new twist in London's clubbing timetable. More parties are planned in late 2012 so watch this space.