Das Kapital - All Trades EP *OUT NOW!* [Do Work Rec] 5 tracks, 13.45 Das Kapital on February 04, 2013 21:03
- 1. Das Kapital & Revero - Amsterdam Rubberband (OUT NOW!) [CLIP] 2.39 1621 plays 130.0 BPM
- 2. Das Kapital - PSYCH! (OUT NOW!) [CLIP] 2.16 1200 plays 140.0 BPM
- 3. Das Kapital - Reverse & Rewind feat. Alex Mills (OUT NOW!) [CLIP] 2.44 1214 plays 128.0 BPM
- 4. Das Kapital - White Room feat. Louis Blaise (OUT NOW!) [CLIP] 3.41 909 plays 128.0 BPM
- 5. Das Kapital - Reverse & Rewind (Instrumental Mix) (OUT NOW!) [CLIP] 2.24 820 plays 128.0 BPM
Das Kapital - Free Trades EP *OUT NOW!* [Do Work Rec] 3 tracks, 5.50 Das Kapital on January 17, 2013 11:17
- 1. Das Kapital - Babylon ft. Leechi [OUT NOW!] 2.06 2776 plays
- 2. Das Kapital - BrainBang ft. Louis Blaise [OUT NOW!] 1.50 1593 plays 150.0 BPM
- 3. Das Kapital - Affection ft. Phizicist [OUT NOW!] 1.52 1563 plays 140.0 BPM
General Manager - Tim Medcraft
(including Das Kapital and Do Work Records enquiries)
22 year old music producer and Cape Town native Das Kapital broke into music consciousness with his bootleg of Bon Iver's modern day classic “Skinny Love”, picked up by upfront music blog aggregator Hype Machine as #1 on the weekly chart three separate times.
Further official remixes have followed - Drumsound & Bassline Smith, Rob Zombie, HeavyFeet, Laidback Luke, Sandro SIlva, The Only (AUS), and many others have benefitted from his sure touch so far.
Refusing to be tied down by any one genre, but deeply connected to the mood of his music, he aims to make people dance with intricate percussion, brooding melodies and dark basslines, whether it be on a dancefloor or through their headphones.
Always drawing from his surroundings, Das Kapital’s style is an ever-growing bank of tribal rhythms and heaving drums, twisted and chopped into something wholly his.
Currently, DK also hosts a widely enjoyed weekly Dance music show on Assembly Radio every Wednesday from 21:00 - 00:00 (GMT+2).
Support for his productions and sets has come from KISS FM (UK), XLR8R, Eddy Temple-Morris of XFM (UK), Red Bull Studios Cape Town, We-Are-Awesome, 5FM (SA), Ministry of Sound Radio (AUS) among others.