Y O U T H M A S S
Youth Mass are Darren Mullarkey, Neil Nevins, Barry Mullarkey and Willy Gray, an indie pop four piece from Trim.
2014 has been their most impressive year to date, starting with the release of their much anticipated debut album "Morning Run | Evening Sun", which was celebrated by a sold out release party in the main room in Whelan's Dublin.
The years highlights so far include;
- Given the prestigious honour of "album of the week" by 2FM.
- Album straight in at no 1 in iTunes Irish Rock Chart.
- Reached no 7 in the iTunes Irish Album Charts.
- Album gained hugely positive reviews across the board, including publications like The Sunday Times, The Irish Independent, and The Irish Daily Star, as well as many influential bloggers and on line music magazines.
- TV debut on Ceol ar an Imeall, Una Mullally's TV show, playing two live tracks with an interview.
- Appeared on many radio stations to play live segments, including 98FM and TXFM.
- In June, single Dream On was used in 2 minute segment on RTE Television, featuring All Ireland Champions Dublin, on The Sunday Game.
- June also saw Youth Mass signing with Dublin music label Pickled Onion Records.
- Next single "Old Enough To Know Better" due for release on August 8th, with release party on the night in The Workman's Club, Dublin.
- Appearing at the Tara Rocks festival.
- Appearing on the main Body & Soul stage at Electric Picnic.
2013 was spent writing and recording the LP. Having just formed as a group at the end of 2011, 2012 still proved a more than successful first year in the industry for the boys.
2012 highlights include;
- Released first EP "misanthropy" to much acclaim, received airplay from Steve Lemacq (BBC), Dan Hegarty (2FM), John Barker (98FM) and Cathal Funge (Phantom / TXFM)
- Had single "Tony Don't You Worry" appear on the soundtrack to Christian Slater's Hollywood movie "Playback".
- Played Body and Soul stage at Electric Picnic.
- Supported The Naked and Famous in their sold out show at The Olympia, Dublin.
RECENT PEESS FOR YOUTH MASS
- 2 FM
Album of the week.
Be in no doubt, this is a seriously strong album.
- Dan Hegarty (2FM)
What an album - I nearly ran a red light listening to the first track.
- THE SUNDAY TIMES
Youth Mass show an admirable ambition on their debut album. Aspiring to U2 style stadium anthem heights.
- THE IRISH INDEPENDENT
Insistent guitars and thunderous rhythm section deliver the goods in remarkable fashion. It's a cracker.
- THE IRISH DAILY STAR
Morning Run | Evening Sun blends stadium sing alongs with more intricate post rock stylings.
Spectacular - a band that will be a major force to be reckoned with.
- GOLDEN PLEC
Confident in their sound, the drum beats are relentless, and the melodies are utterly gorgeous.
"Morning Run | Evening Sun" is a confident and sometimes thrilling step in the right direction for the band.
Strong melodies, driving drums and ambient, crisp guitars are what this band is about.
Aug 8th Friday
The Workman's Club, Dublin.
Pickled a Onion Records present Youth Mass single release - Old Enough to Know Better.
Support from Dublin band The Last of the Gentlemen
Aug 14th Thursday
4 Dame Lane, Dublin
Selectsessions.com introduce Youth Mass after a live Q & A session with the band.
August 23rd Saturday
Tara Rocks Festival,
Tara, Co Meath.
August 23rd Saturday
The Midnight Hour.
Headlined by Youth Mass
August 30th Saturday
Stradbally, Co Laois
Stream Debut LP Morning Run | Evening Sun on Soundcloud here: