Innergex continued its lengthy community engagement process with an open house last week at MEDB's Malcom Center in Kihei to:
"share some of the preliminary results of the archaeological and environmental studies that were conducted over the past year."
Date: Time: Location:
Thursday, March 5, 2020 Anytime between 10 am to 8 pm Malcolm Center, MEDB Ke Alahele Center Suite 5 - 1305 North Holopono Street, Kihei, HI 96753
SolarCoaster staff attended and was able to sit down with representatives of Pacific Legacy and Tetra Inc to learn about these findings first hand.
NEWS & EVENTS LINKS/NOTES:
Hawaiian Electric invites community to help shape Maui’s clean energy future
Panel discussion, information stations sharing efforts to meet clean energy goals
KAHULUI, Feb. 24, 2020 – Ever wonder how Hawai‘i will be powered by 100 percent renewable energy by 2045? As communities will play an important part in achieving this goal, Hawaiian Electric invites Maui residents to learn more about the work to meet clean energy milestones and take part in the company’s planning process to identify options for moving the islands toward a clean energy future.
The public is invited to join this community discussion on Thursday, March 12 at the Hawaiian Electric - Kahului Auditorium (210 W. Kamehameha Ave., Kahului). From 5 p.m. to 6 p.m., attendees are invited to visit information stations and meet staff to learn about topics ranging from rooftop solar programs to electrification of transportation. A panel discussion will follow from 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Light refreshments will be served.
Participating in the discussion will be:
• Rhiannon Chandler-‘Iao, Executive Director, Waiwai Ola Waterkeepers Hawaiian Islands
• Colton Ching, Senior Vice President, Planning and Technology, Hawaiian Electric
• Rebecca Dayhuff Matsushima, Director, Renewable Acquisitions, Hawaiian Electric
• Dick Mayer, Coordinator, Alliance for Maui Community Associations
• Michele McLean, Director, Department of Planning, County of
• Chris Reynolds, Director, Operational Technology, Hawaiian Electric
• Transpo & Renewables
• RECORDING OF MACRO VOICES Podcast - ERIK TOWNSEND #209 with Jesse Felder