Spawning from Bombay (India), the Koniac Net are an indie, alternative, and hard rock band.
They have been compared to artists such as the Stills, Smashing Pumpkins, Toadies, Death Cab For Cutie, Matt Pond PA, Marcy Playground, Helmet & the Deftones. The band's music pays tribute to the genres these artists represent.
Originally a solo-project by frontman & manager, David Abraham, the Koniac Net transformed into a 5-piece band in June of 2012 upon receiving numerous requests to tour internationally.
Songs from both, their album & EP, have gained airplay on 150 radio stations across 32 countries.
The band has been featured by MTV, VH1, VOGUE, GQ Magazine, Rolling Stone Magazine, Buzzfeed, Apollo Night LA, WeSauce, and much more.
tKN were also sponsored by Hard Rock Cafe for an all-India tour in 2014, and were invited to play at the Bhutan International Music Festival (February 14th - 23rd), which marked their first International show.
* Nominated for BEST ROCK ACT at the VH1 Sound Nation music awards.
* Runner-up winner in the Hard Rock Rising contest (1 of 3 bands hand picked from out of 10,000 worldwide).
* David Abraham/the Koniac Net were featured GQ Magazine (June 2013): http://www.gqindia.com/content/gq-playlist-koniac-net
* Voted as "Best Original Band, Mumbai 2012" by Converse & Rolling Stone Mag. India.
* Rolling Stone Magazine featured article about their “Abiogenesis” EP (Feb. 28th, 2014): http://rollingstoneindia.com/koniac-net-release-new-ep/
* 10 out of 10 album review rating by Dublin's (Ireland) U&I Music Mag.: http://issuu.com/uandimusicmagazine/docs/february2013/1 (Pg 46).
* David Abraham/tKN was highlighted & featured in New York's Revolution 360 "People That Matter" interview (March, 2013): http://www.revolutionthreesixty.com/search?q=david+abraham
* June's (2012) Artist of the Week by Indie Music Bus (Florida, U.S.) + Band of the Month (May, 2012) by Alternative Addiction.com (Michigan, U.S.).
* Songdew’s Pick Of The Month (December 2013).
* Both music videos "This Time Around" + "Bricks" have gained continuous airplay on MTV + VH1.
* 4 songs were used by VOGUE India for their Fashion Week, Delhi.
* 3 songs were used in Australia's comedy-drama series FLAT WHITES.
the Koniac Net’s tracks