Len Henry is a fashion expert, consultant, creative director and producer. He is the Founder Director of Delectant Life/Style.
Len has traveled extensively across Canada, the U.S., Europe and the Far East, creating events for brands such as: Joseph Abboud, Absolut, Aveda, The Bay, Bench, Benneton, the City of Toronto, Civello, Esprit, La Senza, Northbound Leather, Levis, Parasuco, Puma, Paul Smith, Smirnoff, The Toronto Fashion Incubator; Canadian Living, Elle, GQ, Fashion and Flare.
He found early success as a maestro of grand scale productions: Matinee Fashion Ready-To-Wear Canadian spring and fall collections; StreetStyle, a two-day, alternative fashion, street festival; LuminaTO/Harbourfront Centre Fashion Stylist Competition; and multi-media events: Smirnoff International Fashion Awards, BBPA’s Harry Jerome Awards, Women in Film and Television – Toronto’s Crystal Awards, South African Women for Women Awards and Canadian Living Magazine’s Me To We Awards.
He has won numerous awards and nominations from BravoFACT!, VideoFACT and the MMVAs. He was instrumental in Yorkdale Shopping Centre’s winning of an ICSC Maxi Award for fashion promotion. And he conceptualized and directed ‘The Wall of Fashion’ for Markville Shopping Centre, which also won an ICSC Award of Merit that same year.
Both Len and his work have been featured regularly on Fashion Television, City Line and another networks. He was a Fashion Expert on W’s How To Look Good Naked.
SOME QUESTIONS I ASKED:
* What does creativity mean to you?
* Were you a fan of school
* How important is your reputation in being successful
* As a mentor how do you transfer the idea of creativity to mentees
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU WILL LEARN ABOUT:
* Why his Grandmother was one of his biggest influence
* How he got into modelling
* How architecture influenced him
* Translating one experience/skill into another opportunity
* What you have to put your own brand on what you do
* Protecting your ideas in business
* Why Culture beats technology
* The connection between Mike Tyson, Comedy and Design
Site : Delectant.com
• • • • •
If you enjoyed this episode, check out show notes, video, and more at www.TheFramingPodcast.com or
Get The Framing Podcast on the GO!: http://apple.co/2lIq46E
*New episode every Monday
KEEP UP WITH RICARDO
TW and IG: @RicardoMcRae