by BLOK Life
During the month of May, 6 Mix celebrated Dance Pioneers. And on this special 6 Mix, Sasha takes to the 6 Music decks for two hours playing a selection of musical influences and tunes from his DJ travels. Strap in for a delectable journey through educated electronica...
The journey is the reward. #theBLOKlife
Website - http://thebloklife.com
Facebook - http://facebook.com/thebloklife
Twitter - http://twitter.com/thebloklife
Instagram - http://instagram.com/thebloklife
Website - http://djsasha.com
Facebook - http://facebook.com/sasha
Twitter - http://twitter.com/sashaofficial
01. How To Dress Well - Suicide Dream 2 (Holy Other Effervescent Mix)
02. The Naked & Famous - The Sun
03. Home Video - Every Love That Ever Was (Unreleased Sasha Involv<3r Remix)
04. Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs - Tapes & Money (John Talabot Ritual Construction)
05. James Welsh - The Way
06. Matthew Dekay & Lee Burridge - Holding On
07. Isolee - Allowance
09. Le Carousel - Love Your Love (Andrew Weatherall Mix)
10. DIY - Keep Shelly In Athens
11. John Talabot feat Pional - So Will Be Now
12. Bicep & Ejeca - You
13. Jack Dixon & Rick Grant - Muted
14. Bonobo feat Andreya Triana - Eyesdown (Unreleased Sasha Invol<3r Remix)
15. Dominik Eulberg - Daten-Übertragungs-Küsschen (Sistema Remix)
16. Jess Mills - Pixelated People (Unreleased Hal Incandenza Remix)
17. Agoria feat Scalde - Dust (Rocco Vision Mix)
18. Dominik Eulberg - Offenbach
19. Hurts - Miracle (ThermalBear 80s ReRub)
If there are boundaries yet to be broken, then you can bet that Sasha has got them in the crosshairs. He's been battering them down since Shelley's, The Hacienda, Renaissance and Twilo; from Airdrawndagger to Invol3r. Since 2011, he's carved a new way with his increasingly pivotal Last Night On Earth imprint, the label that has introduced into its family fiercely forward-thinking producers like My Favourite Robot's James Teej, Simon Baker, ThermalBear, Ejeca, Ghosting Season, Max Cooper and Knox.
Then there was the arrival of the long-awaited third album in his 'Involver' series in 2013, the intricate and challenging 'Involv3r'. It combined on one disc Sasha's peerless command of dancefloor sensibilities and on the other his skilful exploration of beatless soundscapes, featuring his exclusive interpretations of tracks from The xx, Blondes, Little Dragon, Benjamin Damage, Foals and ThermalBear. It also featured 'Shoot You Down', his own spine-chilling anthem with vocals from the beguiling Swedish chanteuse Kicki Halmos.
Boundaries out of the studio have been equally unsafe. His Never Say Never parties at Ibiza's breakthrough success of recent years, Ushuaia, have seen him bring together the venerable with the fiercely cutting edge from Crosstown's Damian Lazarus and Paul Kralkbrenner, Jamie Jones and Scuba. For 13 weeks this summer, he will hold court on Sundays at The Tower, Ushuaia's newest addition, with a cadre of unannounced guests. That these parties are free is pretty much unprecedented on the island, harking back to old school raving, when all that mattered was the music. But then, that's really all that's ever mattered to Sasha.