Save me from myself by The Clown Mobile published on 2012/05/27 15:21:47 +0000 I recorded this song solely with free vsts, though I did use a commercial DAW as I did not want to learn a whole new program. The guitar and bass amp simulation was done with freeamp3. The synth was the progidious and the drums were programmed with computer music's sr202. On the list of effects were the Blockfish compressor, George Yohng's W1 limiter, and the classic eq, classic compressor and classic reverb from Kjaerhusaudio. I did this as a challenge to myself, but also to my fellow musicians who are getting hung up on the belief that expensive gear and software is need for great recordings. I believe there is no substitute for hard work and know how. Whether I'm talented or not, that is debatable.