This episode is a Wild Soul Interview with Tessa Giberson, who is an amazingly gifted tarot reader, city witch and zinester based in Ottawa, Canada. I had the honor of connecting with Tess both as fellow readers on IG, but also because they are one of my Tarot students! Tess approaches Tarot as a spiralic, revolutionary tool to transform the collective, and truly lives that message. They bring such profound wisdom, clarity, grace and power to this interview — I am so excited for everyone to be nourished by it!
In this conversation, Tess and I dive into:
• How Tess found Tarot on their path + how Caliban and the Witch, a book written by Sylvia Federici, has deeply impacted their journey as a Witch and Tarot reader (8:00)
• How important it has been to break out of the paradigm that you have to study for 20 years to begin to read for people (not true!) (11:52)
• Understanding and connecting to the Tarot as a tool through mental health struggle (15:42)
• Boundaries, consent, folk wisdom, showing up for readings in contraction, and how important it is not to attach to whether the client “liked” the reading or not (so important!) (31:53)
• The challenges of transiting through The Empress and reframing them outside the gender binary (43:48)
• Tarot as a revolutionary tool (52:21)
• The challenges with The Sun in the Tarot (1:05:08)
• Transiting through the Queen of Wands Reversed (1:10:04)
Find full show notes for this episode: https://wildsoulpodcast.com/blog/tarot-folk-practice-tessa-giberson-city-witch
Follow Tessa at: https://thecitywitch.ca/ and on Instagram at @cityxwitch
ABOUT THE PODCAST
Hosted by intuitive tarot reader, holistic counselor and teacher, Lindsay Mack, Tarot for the Wild Soul is a weaving of deep conversations with folks who use Tarot in their lives, channeled energetic offerings, intuitive readings on the months ahead, and mini Tarot lessons.
Lindsay is an intuitive tarot reader, holistic counselor, teacher and writer based in Brooklyn, NY. She is the founder of Wild Soul Healing and Tarot for the Wild Soul, as well as the host of this podcast. She has been studying and reading Tarot for over 20 years. As a joyful and healthy survivor of childhood abuse & PTSD, Lindsay is passionately dedicated to honoring and helping to bring space, light and healing to those who are experiencing mental, emotional or physical suffering. It is an organic part of her healing work with the Tarot, and she is honored to be sharing these offerings to those who feel called to them.
- Religion & Spirituality