This episode is a Wild Soul Interview with Melinda Lee Holm, an amazing LA based Tarot Reader, and the founder of Prescription Adornments, her sacred jewelry line for medicine and energetic balance. She has a brand new TAROT line (!), which are pieces that hold the frequencies of certain cards. They are gorgeous, and I'm so excited to introduce everyone to them!
I met Melinda at a Tarot class in LA, and was deeply struck by her kindness, her wisdom, her openness and her warmth. Since getting to know her, my respect and love for her has only deepened. She is an amazing woman, full of beauty and medicine, and chock full of wisdom from her 20+ years of reading and studying Tarot. It was so much fun to talk with her, and I'm so excited to share this with you today!
In this conversation, Melinda and I dive deeply into:
• Current Astrological energy at play: New Moon in Libra (2:38)
• Happy Scorpio Season! (8:50)
• Rebekah Erev's beautiful participatory documentary film around Queer Mikveh (9:47)
• Reina Gossett (18:00)
• Melinda’s process for her writings for The Numinous (23:13)
• The mysterious process of reading the Tarot (25:23)
• How Melinda found Tarot + how she began utilizing it in the early nineties (34:11)
• Melinda’s journey through trauma, PTSD, and how that has informed her healing work (38:38)
• Tower card medicine (46:59)
• Melinda’s background as an art major, and how she began working with Crystals (53:45)
• How Melinda quit her day job, and how an article in Vogue kicked off a whole new level of her work (1:06:00)
• Melissa’s inspiration + process for creating the Tarot jewelry line: High Priestess, Empress, Strength, Death (1:22:01)
• Melinda’s relationship with The Star and The Hierophant (1:31:58)
• Challenges of the Four of Pentacles (1:34:49)
• Transiting through The Star (1:37:04)
ABOUT THE PODCAST
Tarot for the Wild Soul Podcast explores the cards through an inclusive, trauma informed perspective, rooted in compassion, common sense, and critical thinking.
Through a weaving of intuitively channeled downloads, answers to listener questions, and lessons around the cards, Tarot for the Wild Soul offers ways to view the Tarot as helpful, applicable medicine that can provide nourishment and clarity to us in our day to day lives.
Lindsay Mack is a queer intuitive Tarot teacher, and the host of TFTWS podcast.
Lindsay is the creator of Soul Tarot, a reinterpretation and intentional utilization of the Tarot as a non-predictive healing tool, one that is can assist us in differentiating the noise of our mind from the truth of our soul. Through her regularly sold out workshops, retreats and online Tarot courses, Lindsay has had the profound honor of teaching Soul Tarot to thousands of people from all around the world.
As a joyful and healthy survivor of childhood abuse, trauma & PTSD, Lindsay is passionately dedicated to honoring and helping to bring space, light and healing to those who are experiencing mental, emotional or physical suffering. It was the healing from a breakdown in 2014 that fully birthed her into this sacred work and onto her soul path. It is an organic part of her healing work with the Tarot, and she is honored to be sharing these offerings to those who feel called to them.
Honoring and acknowledging that this podcast is recorded on the unceded land of The Confederated Tribes of Grand Ronde, currently called Portland, OR, with the deepest respect to the Kalapuya Tribe, Cowlitz Tribe, and Atfalati Tribe.
FOLLOW US ON IG at @wildsoulhealing
PODCAST EDITOR: Chase Voorhees
PODCAST ART: Rachelle Sartini Garner
- Religion & Spirituality