Welcome to the group : )
This group is for those that appreciate the deeper, spacier sound of house, disco, certain techno and beyond. It can be new stuff, old stuff - whatever. And it's not just solely electronic stuff either - quality prog rock, soundtracks, spacy funk, Krautrock...
Mixes have to have at least partial track-listing and will be limited by moderators' choice as well as single tracks.
1. Please no unfinished tracks or snippets/drafts. Preference will be given to full tracks and composition.
2. Please do not spam us with all of your tracks at once. If you do that we will select few that we like rest will be dumped. If you will spam us excessively we will stop accepting all your further work.
3. NO ELECTRO house, NO PROGRESSIVE, NO MINIMAL, no souless(white noise) techno.
<i>*Deep/ tech house tracks will be filtered up to moderators' preferences.</i>
4. Mixes limited to one mix a month per person don't try to send more.
<i>* Deep House and Tech House/Techno Mixes will not be accepted due to sheer volume of which we get (over 300 a week).</i>
5. Preference given to thematic mixes over podcasts and live recordings. Put some work and thought into it.
6. Mixes have to be over 60 minutes, and have to be downloadable in MP3!
7. Mixes have to have track-listing (at least partial or artist tags) . Preference given to Vinyl only Mixes.
8. Be self critical before submitting, ask yourself whether you think you track/mixes is 100% relevant to content of the group
9. Please check out and comment on other tracks in the group, everybody likes feedback on their work
10. Submitted works can be rejected for no reason at all if you wish to know why, send a message to Mr Kaizen. Some works can take months to approve as we get just way too much stuff relevant and not.
A non exhaustive, but ever growing list of artists and labels that fall into this loose category:
Lindstrom, Prins Thomas, Bear Funk, Henrik Schwarz, Full Pupp, Todd Terje, Omar S, Feedelity, Artofdisco, Carl Craig, Versatile, Pepe Bradock, Metro Area, Environ, Moodymann, Theo Parrish, Rub N Tug, Rong Music, DC Recordings, MAW, Mock & Toof, Mule Musiq, Maurice Fulton, Quiet Village, Supersounds, Spirit Catcher, Nick Holder, NRK, Emperor Machine, Chicken Lips, Harvey, Sunday-Music, Bill Brewster, Soul Jazz, Subway, Francois K, Danny Krivit, Ibadan, , Brennan Green, Chateau Flight...
Please do not send us multiple mixes at a time, it is one mix a month per person, so if you been repeatedly rejected this is the most likely reason.
Mr Kaizen - Group Operator/Moderator/ Current group owner
Trippyyy - Group Founder
Ever felt that your favorite track needed just a liiiittle adjustment? That's where the re-edit kicks in. Follow the <a href="http://re-edits.blogspot.com/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">re-edits blog</a> and share your own here. I'm not rating here, just making sure re-edits follow the rules.
No remixes. Just re-edits.
Like Eddie Murphy, I got some rules when I throw down:
* Re-edits can only contain elements from the original recording.
* No new melody or elements must be added, e.g. extra instruments or vocals. That would make it a remix.
* Then again: a little kick and a snare to mark things up never hurt nobody.
* It's OK to fade, reverse, cut, loop and add delay/reverb/phase fx etc. to the mix.
* It's OK to included any version available of the recording: extended, dub, a capella, instrumental, perc-apella, live etc. as long as it is the same artist.
* The re-edit must work better than the original. Else it's pointless, Tess!