It was another unforgettable Breakfast of Champions with the Space Cowboys on New Year's Day and I had the great privilege of playing the Funktion One stage outside for the second year in a row.....I always put a lot of extra time and care into my sets for B.O.C. because it is a truly special event (the one party I look forward to over all the others) and if it goes well, it's a set that will resonate for months afterwards. Suffice to say, I put a lot of work into this one and it was well worth it. I was pretty pleased with how it turned out.
I'd like to thank Space Cowboys Managing Partner, Andrea Lundquist - the heart and soul of our clan - for all of the blood, sweat and tears she poured into the event again this year. Breakfast of Champions would not be the amazing, large-scale celebration that it is today without Andrea's efforts.
I would also like to thank all of my fellow Cowboys and especially these folks: Simon, Hilary, Kelly, Tamo, ShOOey, Steve, Danny, Evil Jason, Billy and Coco - for everything they did this year to make B.O.C happen. Finally, thanks to Nexxus, Mighty and Silent Frisco for all of their hard work at B.O.C.
I hope you enjoy the recording, Everyone. Happy New Year! - ZM
1. Take me to the Top - UFO Project
2. Reload - Ed Solo, Deekline, Million Dan
3. We Party - The Bomb Squad
4. Work That Body - Krafty Kuts
5. Sporty's Malfunction (DJ Fixx And ILL DJ Chris B Original Mix) - Sporty-O
6. Pretty Girl Shake It Big 'n Round (DJ Icey Mash) - The Rangers, Claude VonStroke
7. Radiohead vs. Too Short - DJ Slink
8. Goin' In (Noob Remix Krafty Kuts Re-Kut) - Birdy Nam Nam
9. Captain High Top - The White Riots
10. Demons (Raj Marathe ReRub) - Fenech Soler & Plump DJs
11. Superman (Se7en Deadly Breaks Mix) - Ed Solo & Defkline
12. Beat Goes - Kid Panel
13. Sonorous (Colombo Remix) - Geon
14. Who's Afraid Of Detroit (Stanton Warriors Remix) - Claude VonStroke
As a member and resident of Space Cowboys, DJ Zach Moore spins events from San Francisco to the Burning Man playa and beyond. Zach has played epic sold-out events like Outside Lands, Treasure Island Music Festival, Lightening in a Bottle, PEX Summer Fest and Space Cowboys' own Ghost Ship and Breakfast of Champions. These days, Zach's sets are mostly packed with party rockin' breaks, but his love of electronic music starts with house and spans many of the subgenres, including deep, tech, vocal, progressive, and electro. Zach is also the producer of The RIPEcast, the Space Cowboys' weekly electronic music podcast and 2013 Breakspoll nominee for "Best Radio Show".
For more information on Zach visit him at www.djzachmoore.com or follow him on Facebook at www.facebook.com/djzachmoore.
For more information on the Space Cowboys visit www.spacecowboys.org
Photo courtesy of http://mvgals.net.