“Shari Puorto! I thought it was one of the best sets of the (Waterfront Blues Festival, 2017) Fest and I was there all 5 days!” Phil Delazerda (Music fan)
"Shari has always provided an honest and powerful musical experience that strikes at the core of what music is all about. Great energy, original material, a true group performance, and a talent that reaches off the stage to touch the audience."
Joe Wagoner AKG/Harmon.
Currently residing in Los Angeles; coming off the heals of performing at the Safeway Waterfront Blues Festival in Portland Oregon, and other notable venues in the area, Shari Puorto is gaining momentum like lightening speed! Is it her music? Her voice? Her stage presence and performance? Her band? YES to all these combined! She will captivate you as she continues to do so at every performance gaining fans from Coast to Coast and abroad . "It wasn't too much of a walk over to the First Tech Blues Stage (Safeway Waterfront, 2017) to catch Shari Puorto and her fabulous band. Puorto, is a dynamo packing a huge vocal punch combined with a high energy stage performance. There is a running debate as to whether she's more similar to Janis Joplin or Etta James. My money is on a mashup of the two. She has the stage presence of Joplin, but with vocals more similar to James. " Scott Cunningham, Oregon Music News
Shari is an award-winning Blues/Rock/Americana singer/songwriter, who has been performing professionally since early 2000. Shari has performed continuously all over California across the U.S and abroad. You would think Shari’s been doing this forever. She has the sensibility of an old soul reborn and is undeniably passionate. She possesses a deeply expressive and soulful voice; one that catches you off guard. She is a powerful and dynamic live performer who quickly and quite naturally connects with her audience. Her infectious enthusiasm overcomes you, you have no choice but to get pulled in. (She’s likely to steal your heart if you get too close!)
- Pre-nominated by the Grammy committee in 3 categories and up for nomination for the 59th (2017) Grammy's in the following categories: Americana: Album: MY Obsession, Song performance: "Sugar Daddy", Song written: ”Turned to Stone",
- Selected as a Featured Unsigned Blues Artist on KJAZZ, 88.1FM with the Wagman,
- Winner for her song 'Free' in the Americana Blues, Roots song of the year category @ the 2011 L.A. Music Awards,
- Won Best Female vocalist at the 2010 South Bay Music Awards.
- Oct, 2016, Shari placed 2nd by 1/2 point in the International Blues Challenge at the Ventura Blues Society chapter; among other notable nominations.
October 16, 2015: Shari released her 4th studio album, MY Obsession, since her first release in 2005. MY Obsession. produced by, Tony Braunagel and co produced by, Shari Puorto attracted notable musicians such as, Mike Finnigan, Johnny Lee Schell, Bob Glaub, Barry Goldberg, Jimmy Vivino, Steve Fister, Jim Pugh, Raymon Yslas, Johhny Hawthorn, Deb Ryder and even Tony Braunagel on drums and...more! With the help from Blind Raccoon in Memphis (Betsie Brown).