Rodion G.A. - Behind The Curtain - The Lost Album BBE290ACD / ADG [LP/ CD / Digital] out on 20.10.2014
The music on 'Behind The Curtain - The Lost Album' was feared missing since 1987. That was when Rodion turned his back on music, following the death of his mother. Then last year, when Rodion was looking through his workshop, he came across the master-tapes. When Rodion listened to the master-tapes, he discovered twenty-four tracks. This included the eleven tracks that make up The Lost Tapes. The music that makes up the main part of the album (Acvila Fragment, Charm 1, Charm 2, Contrast, Dans Macabru, Elastic, Piramide 1, Piramide 2, Point, The Gym, The Train and Waterfall) were recorded between 1980 & 1983. The bonus tracks were also on the master-tapes. Listening back to these tracks, they’re a snapshot of the most innovative electronic groups of the late-seventies and early-eighties.
What is clear is that 'Behind The Curtain - The Lost Album' will firmly cement the idea of a neglected genius, first intimated by The Lost Tapes, in the public view. Here at last is a complete set of music, as originally conceived by a figure who will surely take his place alongside the Enos, the Kraftwerks, the Gottschings, as a true pioneer of electronic music.
Key Selling Points:
• The album has never been released before.
• People thought the music had been lost;
• The music is innovative and timeless; Rodion has influenced a generation of European musicians, especially electronic musicians;
• There’s been a resurgence of interest in Rodion G.A.’s music; a younger audience are discovering Rodion G.A.’s music (he lectured at the prestigious Red Bull Academy)
• Rodion G.A.’s music’s popularity is at an all time high. He’s been playing around Europe
• A new generation of musicians have been discovering Rodion G.A’s music. This includes Jennifer Herrera ex-Royal Trux & Black Banana.
• Rodion is recording a new album. Music lovers will be fascinated to hear what Rodion’s music is like thirty years after the music on 'Behind The Curtain - The Lost Album' was recorded.
• The music on 'Behind The Curtain - The Lost Album' was recorded whilst Romania was a Communist country. Musicians and artists had to play “cat and mouse” with the censor. So, all the time Rodion G.A. was making music, he was fearing a knock on the door from the censor.
Artist / Press Quotes:
Jennifer Herrera ex-Royal Trux & Black Banana said about Rodion G.A.: “His music has super cool, home-made, lo-fi vibe, and It’s a unique sound”.
"A raw, hypnotic and utterly absorbing brew of distorted synth riffs and Krautrock rhythm. (...) his music sounds fantastic today" **** — Q Magazine
"Dissident, garden shed, East-bloc space rock... Monstrous!" **** — Mojo
"Listening to Romanian artist Rodion G.A. is like hearing music beamed from the future." — The Fader
"Fuck me this record is unbelievably good. (...) A sacred document. For those who like Prog this will rip your head open and scatter the contents all your carefully filed notes to the four corners of the earth. You need to hear this, Motherfuckers." — Incendiary Magazine
"This is some of the raddest music you’re likely to hear this year. Rad in its overall excellentness and radical as to its forward-thinking nature, sounding so even today, though recorded at the height of Ceausescu’s suppression and censorship. (...) But for now The Lost Tapes will keep you mesmerized for long into the future." — The Quietus
"It’s not all doom and gloom – though it is mostly chopped-and-twisted electro paranoia." 4/5 — Record Collector
"Though this steampunk electronica isn’t ‘innovative’ – you can hear echoes of Kraftwerk, Tubeway Army, Pink Floyd and Faust – there is something original about the way these influences have been flung together." — 4/5 Metro
"If you have a weakness for fat synth sounds and sputtering early drum machines committed to reel-to-reel tape, this stuff could set you swooning." — Dusted Magazine
"Despite the barebones recording techniques and instruments--East German drum machines, a toy Casio and a Soviet-made Faemi organ, all recorded and overdubbed on primitive Tesla machines--the sounds on The Lost Tapes are immersive, complex and also difficult to classify." — 8/10 Exclaim!
"A hybrid of electronic music, psychedelics, and progressive rock that, decades later, has revealed itself to be remarkably ahead of its time." - Wax Poetics
“Dive into the lo-fi drum machine structured world of synths that fortell of futures to come from an era lost to the closed Communist iron curtain.” — Impose Magazine
Upcoming Tour Dates:
01st Nov — Control Club - Bucharest, RO
05th Nov — Café OTO – London, UK — www.cafeoto.co.uk/rodion-g-a.shtm
11th Nov — Berghain – Berlin, DE — berghain.de/event/1059
21st Nov — Le Guess Who? Festival – Utrecht, NL — www.leguesswho.nl
facebook.com/RodionG.A | @RodionGA | twitter.com/RodionGA
More info: TheFunkyMGMT (@) gmail.com
- Rodion GA