@R4NS0M a.k.a. @Harry_Ransom
Producer / DJ
Relocated to Boston, MA in February 2019.
"". . .one of our hometown favorites, Harry Ransom"
- U Street Music Hall, DC (2014)
I tend to write drum'n'bass (and occasionally slower tempo music), but as a DJ I play a lot of other styles and tempos of music. Think of it as putting my influences on display, I get excited for bass heavy house, techy dubstep, dissonant textures in intros & breakdowns, sci-fi dialog, and modulated sounds. I mainly DJ’d from 1998 until 2014, but I am still open to playing events. I only play solo, no b2b or tag team sets at this time, and I play both vinyl and digital (Serato DJ).
My production work is a mixture of sound synthesis and sampling, with a love for sample flips, shuffling breakbeats, and drum machine sounds. I use both Logic X and Bitwig, as well as synths from Arturia, Native Instruments, U-He, and Xfer. Main plug-ins include products from D16 Group, iZotope, Native Instruments (again), Soundtoys, and Waves, and then some one-offs that have made their way in to my digital toolbox.
Solo releases on:
- Detrimental Audio / @detrimentalaudio
- SUB:LVL AUDIO / @sublvlam
Collaborative releases with SGNL / @sgnl on:
- Absys Records / @absysrecords
- Modern Savage Recordings / @modern-savage-recordings
Additional releases as Ransom on:
- Moving Shadow (Corrupt Souls - "Broadcast" ft. Ransom)
- Ohm Recordings (Sinthetix, Ransom & UFO! - "Breach")