True Divine Baptist Church - Pastor Steven D. Huntley, Senior Pastor
OUR VISION: As we proclaim Jesus, the Christ, as head of the Church and the manifested Word of God, our goal is to teach the Word of God with simplicity and understanding, so that it may be applied to our everyday lives in a practical manner; thereby being transformed into people of excellence changing our immediate world and all those with whom we come into contact, ultimately producing believers who excel in life.
OUR MISSION: Producing Believers Who Excel in Life
Our Motto: Living and Walking in the Spirit of Excellence
True Divine Baptist Church was organized in the home of the late Sister Effie Chambliss, December 10, 1976, with Pastor G.W. Malone presiding, and thirteen members accepting the charge to establish and build a house for the Lord. Currently, five of those members are still very active at True Divine, Deacon Ernest and Virgina McCree, Deacon AC and Bettie Robinson and Evanglist Charlie Mae Williams. These founders are still serving and enthusiastically involved in the growth and development of the ministry.
December 1976 - True Divine held their first service at Booker T. Washington Community Center. Pastor H. Ralph preached the first sermon.
August 1978 - The member worship with New Elam Baptist Church, with Pastor James Hardy, who served as the first Pastor.
April 15, 1979 – Pastor E.W. McKinney was called as the second Pastor.
May 1, 1980 - True Divine purchased house @ 6000 Columbus Street property.
January 1981 – Open service was observed under Pastor Tyler Fenderson.
January 15, 1981 - True Divine dedicated the church unto the Lord.
March 1981 - Pastor Albert Hardy was called as the third Pastor.
September 11, 1983 - Pastor Charlie Jackson was called as the fourth Pastor.
December 1983 - True Divine purchased land at 600 Columbus Street.
March 17, 1985 - The official ground breaking ceremony was held.
April 6, 1986 - The New church was completed.
November 1991 - Pastor Albert Hardy was called as the fifth pastor.
November 1995 - Pastor Steven D. Huntley was called as the sixth Pastor.
August 1996 - True Divine purchased 20 acres on Virginia Loop Road.
August 1998 - True Divine purchased 4530 Virginia Loop Road Location and sold its 600 Columbus Street Location to New Life church of God in Christ.
October 30, 2000 - True Divine paid off its mortgage on 4530 Virginia Loop.
March 9, 2001 - True Divine purchased 5 acres and a house on Virginia Loop Road.
September 2001 - True Divine started its Television Ministry.
October 2002 - True Divine held their ground breaking ceremony for its 1000 seat sanctuary.
November 2002 - The True Divine Community Development Inc. was founded.
December 2003 – The Television Ministry was expanded.
September 2004 - Construction of the New Church @ 4525 Virginia Loop Road began.
July 2006 - New 1200 Seat Sanctuary completed @ 4530 Virginia Loop Road campus.
August 16, 2010– Sold our 4525 Virginia Loop road campus to Kingdom Enforcers Church.
August 27, 2010- Purchased the 4601 Troy Hwy Campus.
September 5, 2010- Held our first service@ the 4601 Troy Hwy campus.
True Divine Baptist’s tracks