Personal Interests & Contracts
- 2000 / 2009 Ofield was a Producer for an independent Hip Hop group entitled “Mood Ruff”. As a group they have released 3LP’s Nation Wide, and 8 videos on Much Music, MTV, Vibe, and BET. Which In turn have all had regular to heavy rotation.
- During the success of our third full length album that has been released nation wide as well as Europe entitled “I do my own stunts”. In 2005 “Rocketship”, a song Ofield had under his belt as his production Debut was chosen by CBC as the #1 song of the year. Also, In 2005 “Walk Don't Run”, another song Ofield had produced was picked up by the sitcom Falcon Beach. In 2006 “I Do My Own Stunts” won “Hip Hop Album Of The Year” by the Western Canadian Music Awards. Since then Ofield's production has been on such Prime Time Television Shows as "Entourage" & "Beverly Hills 90210".
- In 2009 Rocketship was chosen as the 7th best song of the decade by CBC.
The Latest Project ( Group ) Is Called "Grand Analog"
Her Daddy Don't Like Me (Video)
- Ofield Is one of the current Producers/DJ for The Grand Analog Project.
- Grand Analog is a Canadian Hip Hop band, formed in 2006 and fronted by Odario Williams. The group was conceived as a project combining R&B, jazz, reggae and rock influences into a hip hop style performed mainly on live instruments instead of digital electronics.The group started to take shape in the early 2000s when Williams, then fronting Mood Ruff, began digging into his father's record collection and experimenting with less traditional hip hop sounds on his own time. When Mood Ruff broke up following their 2005 album I Do My Own Stunts, Williams officially launched Grand Analog, which he describes as a project designed as much for live performance as for recording, as his primary band. Williams has told the press that "sonically, I knew that I wanted to dig into dub and rock and soul. I’ve always wanted to do that, but years ago I wasn’t free enough upstairs to know that I could." The band released their first album, Calligraffiti, in 2007. A followup album, titled Metropolis Is Burning, was released on May 26, 2009.
- In 2009 Grand Analog won Best Hip Hop Recording Of The Year By The Western Canadian Music Awards For The "Touch Your Toes" EP.
- In 2010 Grand Analog won Best Hip Hop Recording Of The Year By The Western Canadian Music Awards For The "Metropolis Is Burning" LP
- 2005 / Ofield Is presently active In the music community performing and conferencing at such events as:
SXSW (Austin, Tx.), CMJ (New York City, NY), Shambhala Music Festival (Salmo, BC), Music4Change (Vancouver, BC), West Fest (Ottawa, ON), Fire & Ice (Whistler. BC), 416 (Toronto, ON), Winnipeg Folk Festival (Winnipeg, MB), Jazz Festival (Nationally) WCMA's (Nationally), and The MMVA's (Toronto, ON), Ska & Reggae Festival (Winnipeg, MB), ETC
- Ofield has also participated In and won the RED BULL 3Style competition (1st Year)
Users who are followed by ofield
NYC, United States
Derek Vincent Smith
Denver, United States
Brooklyn, United States
Port of Spain