(THE SONG ORDER OF THIS SOUNDCLOUD PAGE IS RANDOM.)
An influential part of the Australian blues and roots scene, Nathan Kaye, the globe-trotting one-man-band who thumps out his songs on slide guitar, slide-didge & electronic footdrums at festivals, bars and has even been known to smash out 5 hour sets in outback hotel rooms on mushrooms.
Similar to a lot of Blues and roots musicians, he’s a bit of a hippie activist, with many of his songs dealing with subjects like setting aside time from the hustle ‘n’ bustle of modern life to children being locked in detention centers. But he’s also quite the larrikin and loves to spin funny yarns about his adventures on the road, like his Lucky Man Story about the hilarious reactions he got from blokes in the USA to his (ex)girlfriend as they walked down the street.
Unlike other one-man-bands, Kaye pulls out some extremely left-field stuff that defies genre pigeon-holing, but more than pulls it off. Such as his hilarious beatbox routine where he improvises a bunch of audience-chosen requests of cheesy songs and mixes them up like a DJ.
Nathan has maintained a fiercely independent DIY approach to his original music and has managed to carve out a solid career, even if it sometimes meant going from playing to thousands at festivals with Triple J airplay to small numbers at organic cafes. As long as he’s bringing people together playing live music and earning a living, he’s a happy man.
Kaye's music will draw you in and make you think, make you laugh and make you move.
NK is a one-man band and a talent packed show that has to be seen to be believed. Trust us, you’ll be better for it.
It’s the best sweaty, dirty, sexy, good-vibed foot-stomp you'll get from one man.
• Performed with Pete Murray (44 Australian sold out dates!)
• Performed with Jason Mraz at The Stronghold, Venice Beach, LA
• Performed at The Viper Room, Sunset Strip, LA,
• Supported Paul Dempsey (Something For Kate), Hotel Cafe, Hollywood, LA,
• Performed in the official line-up at
• Glastonbury Festival, England, UK
• Splendour In The Grass Festival, NSW
• Edinburgh Fringe Festival, Spiegel Tent, Scotland
• Fairbridge Festival, WA
• Woodford Folk Festival, QLD
• Peat’s Ridge Festival, NSW
• Super-Heineken Tour, China
• The Burning Man Festival, USA
• Earth Day Festival, Bali, Indonesia
• Supported Paul Kelly on tour
• Recorded guitar, vocals and programmed beats on Andy Fraser's solo album (70’s band, Free)
• Performed onstage with John Butler at the Fatherhood Festival
• Toured in venues in UK, Ireland, USA, China, Hong Kong, Bali & Australia
• Supported The Corrs, Hong Kong
• Supported other artists including Diesel, Little Birdy, Ash Grunwald, iOta
Comments by naTHAN Kaye
Beautiful message bro! :D
Ii love the energy and density in this track, especially here!
Lovin' this vibe bro! :D
Great track Tash! Love the journey!
Yes! One of my goals when performing onstage is to actually try to stuff up by trying out something that I've never practiced before. It not only generates an electrifying adrenal shot in me (whether achieve what I attempt or not), but there's a sense of humanness when you fail that the audience loves.
This is a track I produced of a dear friend of mine who passed away this day 4 years ago. She was an incredibly inspiring being, having ridden a bicycle from the UK across through Europe, the middle East (even got arrested for 3 days in Saudi Arabia just for walking next to 2 male friends), down through Asia into Australia, raising funds for charity... Simply amazing! Recently, at one of my gigs, a lovely lass who danced all the way through my show, came up to me saying that she was an old friend of Krista's also. She later emailed me to say that she had a rare & raw recording of Krista singing this traditional Hindi chant in Sanskrit. When I heard her voice again after so many years I was moved to produce this track to show her gorgeous voice in context of music as it shines. This is my gift to her wonderful family to commemorate her life. I hope you enjoy it too... :D Blessings on her onward journey into infinity... <3
This is gorgeous Indi! <3
Beautiful work lovely! <#
Had this in my head when I woke up this morning! Such a cool vibe!
Cool stuff dude!