Reel 2 Real by Mixchemist published on 2012/05/12 02:41:13 +0000 (( Funky Jackin House )) I managed to procure this project by arranging within Ableton Live then by using it as the master sequencer, I dropped sample accurate cuts through my MPC 2000 XL. Extra synth and bass richness were also injected by using my Roland 909 groove box. This mix is a hybrid experimentation both "in" and "out of the box" and was inspired by watching my brother Stacy Osorio work the MPC in the studio when he stayed with me recently. I have always admired his ability to produce a groove out of thin air, and I wanted to capture something similar on the fly to give the mix a certain special level of performance. When my brother had visited, we managed to get my studio re-connected after a long hiatus (w/a broken midi patch bay). We replaced my old broken Midiman 8x8 with a newer model, and we got the studio to vibe like it once did in its heyday (circa late 90's early 2k's). With this on hand, I selected cuts then chopped them up by using sample accurate lengths which were arranged in Live. I then layered samples over the mix. The 909 came into play with thickening of existing bass lines, and also taking riffs into a more decorative melody motion within the mix. The vibe is spot on with what I was trying to capture. A Deep Funky Jacking musical adventure... yet with this said, it's also has injections of digital 80's synth pop, 70's disco and a dash of Tech House as well. I found new artists to promote like "The House Inspectors" "D-T3ch" "Chris Harris & Dom Martin" "Code Luke", and at the same time melded some choice tracks from my favorites like "Tovar" "B Original" "Jay West" & "Joey Youngman" The project was an interesting twist into uncharted territory for me, and I will continue to move in this direction with my mix projects. 30% of the mix is all original and the remaining 70% are re-edits of other Artist's tracks. This combination has made for a well rounded mix that bangs the beats in the car as well as on the dance floor. I hope you enjoy listening to this mix, if you do, please show it some love by sharing on Facebook/Twitter or click the "HEART" button here on Soundcloud to show it some love... Also don't be shy and Leave a Comment... Spread the Word and "Enjoy the Gift of Music!" Track Listing: Mamma Says - Chris Harris & Dom Martin - Original Mix Madusa - The House Inspectors - Orsonic Edit Outta Sight - The House Inspectors - Mixchemist re-edit Poison - Flapjackers/Bell Biv Devoe - Mixchemist Edit Hey Mr DJ - Garrett & Ojelay - Sonny Fodera remix La Sing - Sonny Fodera - Osorio ReRub Down On It - Sound Navigators - Mixchemist Edit Tested on Animals - D-T3ch - Chemical RX Edit Back Together - Tovar - Osorio Re-Edit Hear the Sound - B Original - Orsonic Edit Feelings - Daft Jack - Osorio Edit Me and Mine - Little Man Big - Mixchemist Edit Hear the Sound - B Original - Tovar Remix Want you to Know - Sonny Fodera/Bee Gees - Mixchemist Bootleg House 4 Kicks - D-T3ch - Chris Harris & Dom Martin Remix Play it - Tovar & B Original - Mixchemist snippit Like Butta - Joey Youngman - Mixchemist Edit Funky Sister Girl - Code Luke - Mixchemist Edit Come on Girl - Magik J - Mixchemist Edit A Hit - Sonny Fodera - Mixchemist Edit Sorry - Kaskade - Dirty South/John Osorio Edit Golden - Will Jax - Orsonic Edit Sweaty Dancer - Da Sunlounge - Mixchemist Edit Panoramic - Julian Sanza - Osorio Edit Super Sonic Love - Zupo Casio Social Club - Mixchemist Edit Download is 320K for your quality listening enjoyment!