Hi Path Menders,
Today I'm excited to be speaking with plant-based Healer and author Dr. Brooke Goldner, M.D. Dr. Goldner is a board-certified medical doctor and the best-selling author of Goodbye Lupus. She has been featured in multiple documentaries, and has shared the stage with Drs. Dean Ornish, Caldwell Esselstyn, Michael Greger and T. Colin Campbell.
She was featured on the front cover of Vegan Health & Fitness Magazine twice.
She is the author of Goodbye Lupus and Green Smoothie Recipes to Kick-Start Your Health and Healing, and star of the DVDs Goodbye Lupus and Super Healthy Meals for Your Family. She is a graduate of the Temple University School of Medicine, was Chief Resident at UCLA-Harbor Residency in Psychiatry, and holds a certificate in Plant-Based Nutrition from Cornell University.
She is the founder of VeganMedicalDoctor.com and creator of the Hyper-nourishing Healing Protocol for Lupus Recovery.
After naturally healing her own body of Lupus, her current mission is to reach as many people with disease as possible to help them heal and lead healthy, meaningful lives.
In today's show we discuss:
• Before she was a doctor she was a patient (1:49),
• College remission then flair ups (6:56),
• Meeting her future husband changed her life in unexpected ways (8:36),
• Medical school is terrifying for a person with Lupus (10:15),
• Prior conceptions of "healthy" (13:48),
• The plan used to achieve her wedding weight loss goals and her results (15:00),
• Would a pregnancy turn an amazing "remission" into a death sentence? (20:20),
• Making the connection - a nutrition plan that makes the body healthy and responsive to challenges (23:12),
• The six steps to healing with supermarket foods (26:25),
• Patients healed with Dr. Goldner's protocol (31:02),
• The healthcare revolution - a slow cultural shift (33:26),
• The business of medicine (39:32),
• Long term compliance rate (42:41),
• Nutrition and Psychiatry - a holistic approach (49:08), and,
• Start by adding what you're missing (specifically a green smoothie a day) (51:12).
You can get in contact with Dr. Goldner at VeganMedicalDoctor.com or check out her and her husband's 100% free website SmoothieShred.com. She is also on Facebook at her page Goodbye Lupus by Brooke Goldner, M.D. And finally, here is a link to the page where you can buy Dr. Goldner's books and programs (http://www.veganmedicaldoctor.com/products---courses.html).
The Mended Paths Podcast is also available on iTunes, stitcher.com, and Soundcloud. (Did you know, if you use one of these apps, it will save your place if you exit and return later?)
If you’ve enjoyed the show, please share on your favorite social media and rate on the listings above.
We’d also love to hear from you; leave a comment or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wishing you the Best of Health,
Chadwick @ The Mended Paths Podcast
Find us Online: www.mendedpaths.com