This is the debut album for Pepper Greenwald. It is masterfully performed by The Pickpocket Ensemble. Accordion, violin, trumpet, acoustic guitar, upright bass, and percussion blend in a harmonious melange with memorable themes, clever arrangements, and inspired solos. Side A is purely acoustic, and should be played during dinner. Side B has the remixes to be played at the after party.
Each song tells a story…
Side A - Acoustic Arrangements
1. Rooftops - Across the rooftops, I could see the museum where the heist was taking place.
2. Fatale - She was the most beautiful woman I had ever seen. Unfortunately, I could never trust her.
3. Now You Don’t - The cat sees the mouse. The mouse sees the cat. Somehow, the cheese is missing.
4. Morocco - I stole the microfilm, then had a delicious veggie kabob and falafel.
5. Fall - In love, or off a building. Nobody knows.
6. The Escape - It was a dangerous room. I had to dance my way out.
Side B - Electronified Remixes
7. Rooftops - Montmartre Remix
8. Fatale - Neo-Disco Remix
9. Now You Don’t - Sneaky Tango Remix
10. Morocco - Space-Age Reggae Remix
11. Fall - Exotica Remix
12. The Escape - Calcutta Swing Remix
The back story...
In a secret underground bunker, 143 meters below an unassuming watch repair shop, is a cozy, clandestine bar called The Firelight Lounge. It is here that our host, Pepper Greenwald, gathers the Global Underground Elite Spy Syndicate for rest and relaxation after every mission. An international man of mystery and consummate host, Mr. Greenwald has been dubbed the second most interesting man in the world.
These songs underscore the stories that the spies bring back from their harrowing missions.
Falcon - marksman, driver, martial artist
Scarlet - linguist, cryptologist, mind control expert
Wolf - hacker, social engineer, operational tactician
Ariel - acrobat, contortionist, safe cracker
Dr. Thunk - inventor, chemist, remixer
Jackie - Kung-fu master, demolition expert
- International Cafe