Köln / Cologne
Mathias Schaffhäuser Artist Bio:
Mathias Schaffhäuser has been on the techno, house and minimal scene since 1994 when his first House EP was released on Definitive Records. 25 years later he is still at. 2019 saw the sophomore release from his Fanatico project 'Love And Dancing On The Brink' on Hallucienda in November (vinyl and CD in January 2020), as well as the September release of his new album 'Hedonism, What Else' on Snork Enterprises, new EPs on Fenou, Biotop Label and Ware Records, and several remixes.
In Febuary 2020, Mathias' label WARE released its catalogue number 100. To celebrate this anniversary Mathias released the EP "A Hundred Acts Of Devotion" with 5 new tracks.
In 2018 there was already a reason to celebrate: The 20th jubilee of WARE was honoured with 3 releases featuring reworked and remixed Ware classics like „Nice To Meet You“ and „Desire“. Also 3 more EPs on Tiefschwarz' Souvenir Music, legendary British label Third Ear, and Biotop Label came out in 2018.
Other releases from Mathias have appeared on Mo's Ferry Productions, Compost, Tic Tac Toe Rec., Kompakt, Force Inc., Multicolor, BluFin Records, Adjunct, WIR Recordings, Blaou Sounds and many others. In 1997 he started WARE, releasing 99 EPs as of April 2019. His album Lido Hotel with the well known track Nice To Meet You, released in 2000, marked his breakthrough in the techno scene. 2001 saw his massive club hit Hey Little Girl, and in 2002 Musik ohne Bass permeated the clubs. In April 2005 he released his album Coincidance, its title track successfully remixed by Trentemøller. On his album Unequal Equality (2009) Mathias collaborated with Lucy, Alex Smoke, Xhin, And.id, Benjamin Brunn and many others. He also produced remixes for Steve Bug (LoverBoy), Luomo (Tessio), Faust, [A]pendics.Shuffle, Goldfrapp, Pan-Pot, Indoor Life, Northern Lite, Dapayk & Padberg – to name a few.
As DJ, Schaffhäuser’s motto at the turntables is: “Purism sucks!” The quality of the music is what’s important, not sheer functionality and trendiness. At times his sets can be rather varied from his very own style, dirty + dark house, and thumping techno. More and more Mathias uses his microphone and croons to his records, creating a very special live experience (https://soundcloud.com/mathias-schaffhauser/sets/mixes).
Some Feedbacks to 'WARE 100':
- Remute: „Nächtlicher Überfall“ is the hammer. This is the nasty, kickin' Cologne Sound. 100%.
- Eduardo De La Calle: Fantastic:)) „Nächtlicher Überfall“ is my fav !
- Philippe Quenum: Hey guys, long time :-) i love a lot „Turia Park“ Geat job.
- Danny Teneglia: Sounds great!
- Nikola Baytala: Mathias Schaffhäuser delivers one his strongest traxx to date !
"I Fall With You" is awesome. Really vibing on this.
- Klaus Walter: yes
- Someone Else: Great ep man! I hear the krautrock infuence.
- Aangel Molina: Nice varied release, as expected. 'Netto für Plus' as my pick on here, great intimistic electronica track.
- Iron Curtis: „Nächtlicher Überfall“ is the one. Happy 100! So many splendid records on this imprint!!
- Lori E Allen (Tears|Ov): AWESOME!!!
- Chris Fortier: sounds great
- Moog Conspiracy: Yeah! Happy 100 release. I love the ep! I will play „Nächtlicher Überfall“.
- Zuckermann: wicked!!! love it, will play
- Pawas: Great release. Love all the tunes. „Turia Park“ is massive !!!!! Great EP by the maestro of twisted techno, much respect. Full support from myself and FluxFM !!!
- Michael Leuffen (Groove Magazine): „Turia Park“ is real great!!!
- Olderic: Well made tracks. Great ep!!
More music, infos and contacts:
mathias schaffhäuser’s tracks