Welcome to the group : )
This group is for those that appreciate the deeper, spacier sound of house, disco, certain techno and beyond. It can be new stuff, old stuff - whatever. And it's not just solely electronic stuff either - quality prog rock, soundtracks, spacy funk, Krautrock...
Mixes have to have at least partial track-listing and will be limited by moderators' choice as well as single tracks.
1. Please no unfinished tracks or snippets/drafts. Preference will be given to full tracks and composition.
2. Please do not spam us with all of your tracks at once. If you do that we will select few that we like rest will be dumped. If you will spam us excessively we will stop accepting all your further work.
3. NO ELECTRO house, NO PROGRESSIVE, NO MINIMAL, no souless(white noise) techno.
<i>*Deep/ tech house tracks will be filtered up to moderators' preferences.</i>
4. Mixes limited to one mix a month per person don't try to send more.
<i>* Deep House and Tech House/Techno Mixes will not be accepted due to sheer volume of which we get (over 300 a week).</i>
5. Preference given to thematic mixes over podcasts and live recordings. Put some work and thought into it.
6. Mixes have to be over 60 minutes, and have to be downloadable in MP3!
7. Mixes have to have track-listing (at least partial or artist tags) . Preference given to Vinyl only Mixes.
8. Be self critical before submitting, ask yourself whether you think you track/mixes is 100% relevant to content of the group
9. Please check out and comment on other tracks in the group, everybody likes feedback on their work
10. Submitted works can be rejected for no reason at all if you wish to know why, send a message to Mr Kaizen. Some works can take months to approve as we get just way too much stuff relevant and not.
A non exhaustive, but ever growing list of artists and labels that fall into this loose category:
Lindstrom, Prins Thomas, Bear Funk, Henrik Schwarz, Full Pupp, Todd Terje, Omar S, Feedelity, Artofdisco, Carl Craig, Versatile, Pepe Bradock, Metro Area, Environ, Moodymann, Theo Parrish, Rub N Tug, Rong Music, DC Recordings, MAW, Mock & Toof, Mule Musiq, Maurice Fulton, Quiet Village, Supersounds, Spirit Catcher, Nick Holder, NRK, Emperor Machine, Chicken Lips, Harvey, Sunday-Music, Bill Brewster, Soul Jazz, Subway, Francois K, Danny Krivit, Ibadan, , Brennan Green, Chateau Flight...
Please do not send us multiple mixes at a time, it is one mix a month per person, so if you been repeatedly rejected this is the most likely reason.
Mr Kaizen - Group Operator/Moderator/ Current group owner
Trippyyy - Group Founder
<b>The first release of Deep Disco records! :-) </b>
http://soundcloud.com/rolfski/sets/deep-disco-ep is out.
<b>Be warned, quality control in this group is insane, it might take weeks to get your stuff approved. For a good reason though, this group is about the best free stuff, no compromises, so it takes some time to review all the stuff submitted :-)</b>
Deep Disco is also on Facebook ! Find special updates and exclusive recommended tracks there: http://www.facebook.com/deeperdisco
<b>LET'S DISCOTIZE HUMANITY AND BUILD A COMMUNITY SUPPORTING THE FINEST DEEP DISCO GEMS AVAILABLE ON THIS PLANET! </b>
<b>What is this? </b>
Deep Disco as a genre came to live with the creation of this now popular Deep Disco group in June 2009 by http://soundcloud.com/rolfski. As a music style it sits in the middle between (nu) disco and deep house which often results in obscure disco tracks getting re-edited to make them sound deep and modern. Beats per minute generally run from low 100's (slo-mo) to end-120's.
<b><i>This group is the oldest (nu) disco community on Soundcloud and unique in that it offers every track as 320kb free downloadable </i></b>. Its also the most influential community in its genre on Soundcloud as it works in direct collaboration with artists to offer unique, never released, tracks free to download as a way to promote their work.
<b>What's the goal of all this? </b>
As a political movement it wants to take over the Galaxy by turning planets into rotating disco balls. Slowly but surely we are going to discotize this planet, resistance is futile :-)
<b>Why is this community moderated ?</b>
Simple, we all want us to have the best experience and get the most value out of this by trying to keep the quality really high. Therefore, there needs to be some moderation and rules of engagement, otherwise this platform would be flooded with low quality self promotion music and styles that would not fit into the deep disco genre.
<b>What are the rules of engagement? </b>
1. Only send tracks that are <b>downloadable in 320KBs plus, this goes for mixes as well</b>.
2. Tracks should have an <b>underground disco feel</b>, whether they are classics or recent material.
3. As we are trying to maintain a healthy balance between mixes and tracks, <b>mixes will get approved less easily and should contain a tracklisting</b>, thereby helping people to discover new tracks.
4. <b>Don't be dissapointed</b> in case not all your contributions get approved. We are building the best!
<b>What about rights? </b>
Like countless other music blogs & communities, <b>all the music that is shared here is for promotional reasons only</b>, supporting music & artists that normally don't receive the attention they deserve. If any of the tunes here are yours and you'd like them removed, just let me know and I will delete them. <b>If you find a track or artist you like, please buy at regular shops. Support these artists!! </b>
Check out the LONGO sound on www.longosound.com
Disco, Boogie, Electro-Funk, Electro-Soul, Italo, Re-edits, Early House and smart related genres
DO NOT Upload Cheesy Modern House, Tech House, Fidget, Ed bangers and shit and so on: this content won't see the light through moderation.