Marc Evans is a multi-talented musician and producer from the UK. His skills cover a wide range of music genres, with an excellent sense of musicality and knowledge. He produces music on a regular basis under the names of "The Rumblist" (uptempo hard dance music) and "theRst" (melodic, ambient and generative music), utilising traditional musical instruments and electronic hardware such as synthesizers, samplers, effects units, MIDI controllers, etc.
• Holds a First Class Honours Degree in Creative Music Production and Technology from The University of Greenwich.
• Full working knowledge of Steinberg software, such as Cubase VST, Cubase SX 1, 2 and 3, Wavelab & Steinberg Nuendo.
• Full working knowledge of Apple’s Logic Pro 8 and 9 music software
• Excellent knowledge of Cycling 74's Max/MSP software.
• Full working knowledge of other professional audio products such as Sony Soundforge, Propellerhead Reason & Recycle, Native Instruments
Reaktor & Absynth, Ableton Live.
• Extensive knowledge of professional audio hardware such as Clavia Nord Modular & Nord G2, Roland R8, Yamaha SY85, etc. Within this
knowledge is a full ability to connect these modules via MIDI.
• Broad knowledge of other outboard audio equipment such as mixers, controller keyboards, effects unit, microphones, etc.
• Plays various musical instruments such as electric guitar, classical guitar, bass guitar, drums, keyboards and piano.
• Excellent compositional skills within a variety of different genres such as electronica, rock, classical, pop, jazz, etc.
• Excellent audio production skills, such as track recording, mixing and mastering.
• Good abilities in creating audio soundtracks for moving images and video.
• In depth experience with video, 3d modelling and imaging software such as Adobe Photoshop, Macromedia Fireworks, Sony Vegas & 3DS
Marc Evans’s tracks