Jah Koomalou (Jaagwa)
// FOREST PSY/Dark-Psy/Forest Breaks
// Techno & Dark Progressive project: @Jaagwa
//For Bookings email: email@example.com
//LABEL: GloOm Music (SPAIN)
//RELEASES WITH: ESF RECORDS(AU), QUANTUM DIGITS RECORDS(CAN). Horrordelic Records (Norway), Popol Vuh Records (MEX), ModGoblin Records(AUS), Forest Spirit Records(IND), Insonitus Records(UK/AUS), Australiac Records (AUS)
//Majahkil AKA Jah Koomalou is a city born and rainforest raised Australian producer who seeks to untangle the twisted relationships between power, passion, and fear through music.
Jah's unique expression of sound is an expression of the inherently dichotomous nature of existence, exploring the balance between darkness and light, femininity and masculinity, and rebellion from, or adherence to, the commonly accepted structure - both in music and in life.
For Majahkil, writing forest is not merely a tendency towards faster bpms in psytrance but an opportunity to approach his musical style from a place of familiarity, having made his home in the rainforests of Far North Queensland. The language of these lands is one of dark, powerful mysticism, one that can not be fully understood by shining light into its depths and hoping to illuminate what lays within the shadows, but by immersing oneself in those shadows, vulnerable and receptive to what one may come to comprehend when looking outwards from that darkness, rather than into it.
This, perhaps more than any other concept explored in Majahkil's work, is what gives it the depth and complexity apparent in his music.
This conscious and cathartic creation of 'Majahkil' has been met with deserved success, having brought him to shared stages with artists such as Pspiralife, Fungus Funk, Kromagon, Hellquist, Meerkut, Farebi Jalebi and Madianbrains.
A Spawn from the same dark underworld as Majahkil:
Jaagwa is the new addition to Jah Koomalou’s music mission.
It is the close younger brother cub of Majahkil.
Through summoning and inheriting the powers of the Black Panther; Jaagwa explores the same dark territory, but perceives it with less haste - embracing the slower styles including Dark prog/psygressive and Techno. This expansion comes after Majahkil (forest psy) was signed to GloOm Music (SP) in December 2016, which inspired the creation of Jaagwa to give more space, and allow the two brother projects to evolve down seperate paths.
- The 24th Psycle (FNQ)
- Bushweek Festival (FNQ)
- Collaborations Festival(FNQ)
- Psy Language (Mackay)
- Orin Aya Festival (FNQ)
- Indigo Evolution NYE Festival (2015/16)(NNSW)
- Lucy's Laboratory/Lucid Labyrinth (NSW)
- DarkFusionz (NSW)
- Collaborations Festival 2016 (FNQ)
- Didgerizoo Festival 2016 (FNQ)
- Psyfari (NSW)
- Triple Helix (NSW)
- Dragon Dreaming (NSW)
- Earthbound Indoor Sessions (FNQ)
- WI3RD (NSW)
- Synaesthesia (Brunswick, VIC) 06/01
- ANTIGRAVITY (NSW): 27/01
- Twisted Elements (NSW): 25/02
- The Hallucinated Merry Go Round (NSW): 25/03
- Dejavoodoo - ft. Scorb/Axial Tilt (FNQ): 07/04
- Psylentless Night (NSW): 09/06
- Geo (NSW): 12/08
- A Walk on the Dark Side (NSW): 19/08
- Psy vs Psy III (NSW): 23/09
- Metamorphosis (SEQ): 12/10
- Boab-Halloween Takeover (Valve Bar, Sydney): 28/10
- Boab-VIC Takeover (Room 680, Melbourne): 10/11
- AntiXmas (Sydney, NSW) - 22/12
- New Psycle (NSW)- NYE 2017/18
- Antigravity (NSW) - Jan 26th
- Psyfari 2018 (ACT/NSW) - February 21-23
- Neuron Vacuum (NSW) - March 16th
- Technicolour (NSW) - April 13th
- Masters Of Gravity (Sydney, NSW) - May 12th
- Paradox (Newcastle, NSW) - June 2nd
Majahkil. (GloOm Music)’s tracks