Lyric Dubee is an award winning, multi-genre artist born and raised near Toronto, Canada. Proficient and at ease playing ROCK, POP, BLUES, CLASSICAL, and JAZZ, his deep appreciation and experimentation with all the genres led Lyric to personalize his own style of music known as REVOLUTION ROCK.
A singer, songwriter, and guitarist he performs his own works as a solo artist and fronts his own band.
Lyric Dubee released 4 albums by age 17 which debuted on the rock and AC music charts. He toured internationally and is endorsed by Ernie Ball MusicMan Guitars, DV Mark Amps, Guitar Center and is part of the Brotherhood of the Guitar.
His newest SINGLE “All This Time” was released May 30, 2018. Stay tuned for the release date of his 5th album! He has opened for legendary names such as Buddy Guy, Rik Emmett, Honeymoon Suite, Lee Aaron, and the GoGo’s Farewell Tour with Kaya Stewart.
Another album is in the works...
“Lyric Dubee is a natural born star, he plays guitar like his life depended on it and sings his own songs with the sincerity needed to cut through a lot of today’s manufactured music”. DAVE STEWART , Eurythmics
• COMBAT OF LOVE debuted at #11 on the US Top 20 FM Count Down “The World’s NB1 Weekly Top 20 Countdown Show | Broadcast On Over 500 Stations”
• LINGER debuted at #7 on the DRT National Airplay top 50 ROCK Charts and #21 on the National Airplay Top 80 Independent Artists Charts
• WON 2015 Best Young Songwriter at the Toronto Independent Music Award for BRIDGE TO NOWHERE and BLACK ICE
• WHY, LINGER and COMBAT OF LOVE are being spun on radio stations around the world
• 2015 Semi-finalist Unsigned Only Music Competition for LINGER
• WON Honorable Mention with the song THEY SAY in the Teen category in the 2014 Unsigned Only Music Competition
• WON 2015 Award for BLACK ICE best Music Video at PLaYr York Region Film Festival and was featured on Discover Hit Music
• WON 2014 Best Music Video for ALIVE at York Region Film Festival
• WON 2014 Most Promising Youth Award at Barrie Arts Awards
• 2014 Semi-Finalist for BRIDGE TO NOWHERE at International Songwriting Competition)
• WON 2011 Best Young Songwriter Award at the Barrie New Music Festival 2011
• BROKEN DREAMS album was used as a soundtrack for Rogers TV “New Slang”
He has performed live in over 300 shows and in music festivals such as Malibu Guitar Festival, IndieWeek, NXNE, CMW, Djangofest, SXSW, and headlined the Music By The Bay Festival.
PRESS AND REVIEWS
Lyric has been featured and interviewed in various media outlets including CBC, CP24, Rogers TV, SIRIUS Radio and has had many articles written about him including being featured in Guitar International Magazine 2015.
“Did you ever just have the feeling you were in the company of greatness? For instance, I wonder what the people in Elvis’s high school thought when they first heard him sing. Chills right? Well that’s what I got when I first heard and then saw Lyric Dubee.” JOHN REIGN – CRANK IT UP MAGAZINE, USA
“Dubee could well be the next Jon Bon Jovi: equally at home and confident writing his own songs, composing with others, and performing in various genres like the seasoned entertainer that he already is. It’s when he steps out of his comfort zone, however, that he truly lets his genius bloom.” LAURIER TIERNAN – METROPOLIS MAGAZINE, Japan
Combat of Love Album review: “I like this “Combat Of Love!” … It has some damned good guitar work + lyrics set to what I would call a semi – rock beat! … Pleasing to the ear & containing just enough emotion to keep you coming back for another listen! … Can’t wait to hear some more of this guys work!” COUNT, MUSIC DIRECTOR AT WAYOUTRADIO.CO.UK
2014 Black Ice Single Review “Lyric continues to outdo himself with each and every song. He is a lot like Eric Clapton, you never know what is coming, but when it gets there it blows you away… He is going to become a legend.” TOMMY NEAL – STARS2COME.COM
Lyric Dubee’s tracks