District of Columbia
Electro House / Progressive House / EDM
Voted 2-Time Best DJ
Booking Requests: www.ljmtx.com/bookme
LJ MTX has been a staple in the DC, Maryland and Virginia (DMV) Electronic Dance Music (EDM) scene as a Global DJ, International Producer, Label Owner and Event Promoter. As a 2-time ARIA Dance Chart Artist and a multi-time Beatport Top 100 Artist, his catalog of over 100 of his own original productions and remixes showcasing his signature blend of High-Energy Electro and Progressive House are praised by the likes of some of the very best global DJs and producers in the game including: Knife Party, Krewella, Laidback Luke, DJ Chuckie, The Crystal Method, DJ Dan, George Acosta, Morgan Page and DJ Bl3nd. His accolades as a producer along with his blue-collar work ethic have made LJ MTX one of the most respected and requested artists of his kind on the East Coast. In the DMV area alone, LJ has been featured on the main stages of the region's most prestigious venues and festivals including: Echostage, 930 Club, U Street Music Hall, Ultrabar, Baltimore Soundstage, The Paradox, Fur, Ibiza, Canal Club, Hat Factory, Cherry Blast Festival, Big Dub Festival, Starscape Festival, Nightmare Festival and Dreamscape Festival.
• Best DJ - Washington City Paper: Best of DC 2016
• Best DJ - Washington City Paper: Best of DC 2015
• Best DJ (Runner Up) - Washington City Paper: Best of DC 2012
• Best DJ (Runner Up) - Washington City Paper: Best of DC 2010
• (2016-10-15) : LJ MTX 10 Year Anniversary Party at Mass Transit 35 - Sold out 200 person venue in his hometown of Fairfax, VA.
• (2015-05) : The opening act for S Club 7's Bring It All Back Tour (UK)
A sold out 12-show arena tour in the UK. Venues included: The O2 (London), Echo Arena (Liverpool), Birmingham Genting Arena, Manchester Arena, Metro Radio Arena and more.
• (2013-01) : Madhouse Tour with DJ BL3ND (New Hampshire, Connecticut and Rhode Island)
• (2011-11) : Tour of Gold Coast, Australia for the launch of Phethouse Records.
• (2010-03) : Miami Winter Music Conference Official Launch Party at Eden Rock Resort
• (2009-03) : Co-Headliner alongside Jes and Breakfast at Red Gorilla/SXSW Festival
• (2009-03) : First appearance at Miami Winter Music Conference
• (2007-present) : Has been support for The Crystal Method, DJ Dan, Donald Glaude, SBCR (The Bloody Beetroots), Wolfgang Gartner, Deorro, Kill the Noise, John B, Reid Speed, DJ BL3ND, Keith Mackenzie, Joachim Garraud, DJ Boris, DVBBS, Borgeous and One More Time: A Tribute to Daft Punk.
• 2-time ARIA Dance Chart Remix Artist: "If They Could See Us Now" & "Time Is Up (collab remix w/ Holly-J)"; both on Phethouse Records.
• Multi-time Beatport Top 100 Track Appearances (2008 - present)
• Multi-time Top 10 Beatport Releases Appearances: The Addiction (Full Length Debut Artist Album; 2012) and Squared Circle EP - (feat Showstoppers & Elbow Drop; 2015)
THE LABEL OWNER
• Almost Famous Music (USA) (2015-present).
• Phethouse Records (AUS) (2012-present) – 3rd Best-Selling Label in Australia from 2012 - 2013
• Metronix Recordings (USA) (2007-2013)
• "LJ MTX has all of the tools to be great in this industry. He is going to become better than great." - House Music Legend - DJ Dan (2011)
• "LJ MTX is the best thing going in the DC area, period." Lee Berdick, Transit/Give Productions Alumni and Former Buzzlife Resident (2009)
• Exclusive Interview with RVAMag.com: http://bit.ly/1XNxu2Z
• "I can only see that the sky is the limit for LJ MTX and his growing accomplishments which include props from Rob Swire, play in mixes from DJ BL3ND, charting in the top 100 on Beatport several times and play on XM radio just to name a few of his achievements." - Chris Pyrite, Bass-Ship.com (2014)
LJ MTX’s tracks