Sahih al-Bukhari – The Book of Tawheed – Lesson 77 (29/12/18)
Today we covered – The purpose of our creation/ The importance and value of knowledge - A reminder from Shaykh Bin Baaz
• Indeed Allaah created the creation in order for them to worship Him alone
• He sent the messengers and revealed the books for this great purpose, in order to worship Him
• Allaah said in the Quran, “Verily I did not create the jinn and mankind except that they should worship Me alone.”
• Allaah is Ar-Razzaaq – The one who provides the sustenance
• If you tried to count the blessings of Allaah you would not be able to numerate them
• Allaah said, “O people, Worship your Lord, the one who created you and created the ones before you so that you achieve piety.”
• Allaah said, “We sent to every nation a preacher saying worship Allaah alone and stay away from those false deity’s.”
• Allaah sent the Qu’ran so the people would come out of darkness (shirk) and come into the light (tawheed)
• These ayaats highlight the purpose of our creation. This is something that a person needs to recollect every day.
• The scholars have mentioned that you may be doing an action from the worldly affairs and you could be rewarded for it as it will aid you to fulfil the Islamic rights.
• You can only ever fulfil your objective by seeking knowledge – recognizing what is in the Qu’ran and sunnah
• A person who deprives himself of knowledge, you are depriving yourself the very reason as to why we have been created
• Ali said, “Every person who does a job has the relevant tools. As for the person who is Muslim, then he requires the relevant tools of being a Muslim.” Those tools are knowledge of the Qu’ran and the sunnah.
• What is sunnah what is shirk? Knowledge is very important as you cannot fulfil your role as a Muslim without them.
• The Prophet ﷺ said, “whomsoever treads upon a pathway seeking knowledge, Allaah will make his pathway to Paradise easier.”
• The salaf used to say, “Knowledge is such a thing, even those who don’t have it, want to pretend they have it.” Nobody wants to be known as a jaahil.
• The Prophet said, “Whomsoever Allaah wants goodness for, Allaah gives him detailed knowledge.” A person who is jaahil it is a sign that he has no goodness.
• The Quran is not just a book, it is the speech of your Lord.
• The sunnah that came to the Prophet ﷺ is something that must be taken lightly.
• Shaykh Fawzaan said, “Do not be Muslim by name only.”
• The Prophet said, “The best of you is the one who learns the Qu’ran and teaches it.”
• A person who calls to goodness will get the reward of those that followed in that.
• A person who calls to evil, will get the sin for those that followed in that evil
• The Prophet ﷺ said, “Would anyone of you like to go to a lake in Medina and come back with 2 large well-fed camels.” They said, “Of course.” He ﷺ said, “In that case, if one of you was to go to the masjid early and learn/read 2 ayahs from the Qu’ran then that would be better for him than the 2 well fed camels.”
• Allaah raises the people of knowledge
• Knowledge is not something that you do in your spare time. Knowledge is something that needs priority.
• Allaah says, “Protect yourselves and your families from the Hellfire.”
Benefit: To gain further understanding when we discuss the chains, follow our “Bayqooniyyah in the Sciences of Hadith” lessons on LearnAboutIslam: http://www.learnaboutislam.co.uk/2016/01/18/al-Ma’iyahndhoMa’iyahh-al-bayqooniyah/
The English translation of the hadiths and all the audio are available on: www.learnaboutislam.co.uk/bukhari
Recorded at the Salafi Centre of Manchester on 29/12/18 and streamed live on www.SunnahRadio.Net