Electric Indigo, DJ, composer, musician, has performed in 36 countries across Europe, Asia, and the Americas. Her name stands for the intelligent and distinguished interpretation of techno and electronic music. Her DJ-sets are characterized by a wide variety with a clarity of vision, and a depth that only comes from a deep understanding of the music and the art of the DJ. As a composer and musician, she emphasizes the spatial-temporal placement of subtly textured sounds. She received the "outstanding artist award Musik 2012" in the field of electronic music and computer music and the national grant for composition 2013 from the Austrian Federal Ministry for Education, Arts and Culture.
Currently, Electric Indigo prepares a new piece for hoergeREDE together with author Olga Flor [premiere October 25] and works on her first solo album.
Electric Indigo started her DJ career in Vienna 1989 and lived in Berlin for three years [1993-1996] to work at the legendary Hard Wax record store. In those years, she also began to produce her own music, first releases came out in 1993. In 1998, Electric Indigo founded female:pressure an international database and network for female DJs, producers, and visual artists in the fields of electronic music that was awarded with an honorary mention atPrix Ars Electronica 2009. In 2002, she discovered her passion for experimental music and started to play live. Meanwhile, she gives concerts in the realms of avant-garde as well as club music. Institutions like the University of Music and Performing Arts Vienna, the University of Fine Arts Vienna, and the University of Applied Arts Vienna commonly invite Electric Indigo as a guest lecturer. This year, in 2013, she writes the monthly column "bonustrack" for an.schläge magazine.
Important works in recent years comprise compositions for the theater play "Das kleine Zimmer am Ende der Treppe" 2011, "Structuring Contours" - premiere at Klangspuren Festival 2011, her 5 channel compositions "RRHONFEER-RRHEFNEOR" for Moozak Festival 2012, and "Chiffres" - premiere at e_may / Wien Modern 2012, as well as her 8 channel pieces for the radical opera "ABSTRIAL" 2013.
K1971 PODCAST - ELECTRIC INDIGO
01. Yair Etziony - Electric Meditations (For Conrad Schnitzler) [unreleased]
02. Panoramic Blur - Lokator [C.R.S. Recordings 028]
03. Conforce - Formerly Programmed Decisions [Delsin 102]
04. Rrose - Kneeling [Stroboscopic Artefacts Monad 016]
05. Yuuki Sakai - NATALIA [Subsist Records 19]
06. MTSP - MTSP1 [Fur Trade 014]
07. Headless Horseman - Midnight Ride [Headless Horseman 003]
08. Tadeo - orbitai2h7 [Institut Für Zukunft / Another Sound Is Possible Support Compilation (Bonus)]
09. Dadub - Flatline [Institut Für Zukunft / Another Sound Is Possible Support Compilation (Two)]
10. Separate Minds - Scattered Thoughts / Traversable Wormhole 2013 Revisit [Sonic Groove D1361]
11. Bill Youngman - Solitude [Institut Für Zukunft / Another Sound Is Possible Support Compilation (Bonus)]
12. Ken Karter - Ellipse S-01X [Sonntag Morgen 029]
13. Samuli Kemppi - Spacing [Suicide Records Dark Series 004]
14. Darkcell - Overlap / Mattias Fridell Remix [Fluxus Records 022]
15. Ran Slavin - Easier to Slip Down Than It Is to Rise [False Industries 013]
16. Yuuki Sakai - PILSNER [Subsist Records 19]
17. Chris Page - Slug Cherry [Sonntag Morgen 030]
18. Black Asteroid - Black Body Radiation / Dub [CLR 071]
19. Brian Sanhaji - DataLogger / Jeroen Search Remix [EgoTon 07]
20. R Cord - Theme 1 [Panel Trax 039]
21. Ulrich Troyer - The Circuit Bender [4Bit-P005]
22. Lakker - Valentina Lane [Stroboscopic Artefacts 019]