jungletrain.net is proud to present: Ashback - jungletrain.net promomix january 2021
The mixes Ashback curated in the past were diverse and eclectic, presenting the listener with a respectable cross section of the Drum and Bass spectrum. In the deep of winter however, Ashback goes on a dark tour. To quote a Stranger: "Darker'n a black steer's tookus on a moonless prairie night".
When scouring for new music, Ashback is always looking out for the more subversive sound available. For this first promomix of 2021, he procured a selection of half-time tunes, darkside dub-driven drums and intriguing tribalistic breaks.
Enjoy this mix, and do not forget to check out the Sub-Universal Contraverse Collective shows every other Tuesday night, where Ashback presents Negative Rhythm Space from 20.00 - 22.00 CET, 19.00 - 21.00 GMT, 14.00 - 16.00 EST, 11.00 - 13.00 PST!
01. Subminimal - Data Terminal - Moller Records [HELGA067, 2017]
02. Amex Perkussiv & Dyslexia - Flat Earth - Perkussiv [PERKDNB022, 2017]
03. TNNL - Katana - Din Is Noise [DIN026, 2020]
04. Entire - Creation Error - Din Is Noise [DIN015, 2020]
05. Torn - Dance on the Bones - Samurai Music [HANNYAVIP, 2020]
06. Last Life - Temple - Samurai Music [SMDELP05, 2020]
07. Shiza - Gate - Onset Audio [OA213, 2020]
08. No Rules & Itti - Sparkler - Onset Audio [OA199, 2020]
09. Matreya - Benign - Onset Audio [OA208, 2020]
10. Dailiv - Strain - Absys Records [ABSDIG016, 2017]
11. Spec - I Feel Sick - Uprise Audio [UA023, 2017]
12. Entire - Invocate (Blackout #2) - Din Is Noise [DIN0015, 2020]
13. Foreseer - Seance - Onset Audio [OA221, 2020]
14. Paragon - Antithesis - Foundation Audio [FA016, 2015]
15. Epilleptech - Jonin - Symphonic Distribution [CWM010, 2017]
16. Amit - Skullpuncher - Commercial Suicide [SUICIDECD010, 2011]
17. Loxy & Skeptical - Engage - Renegade Hardware [HWARELP06, 2011]
Broadcasting since 2001, jungletrain.net is a 24/7 drum & bass internet radio with more than 70 LIVE shows a week. With over 100 DJs from around the world, the station showcases a variety of styles and sub-genres with a focus on the deeper and more "subverted" sounds of drum & bass.
The jungletrain.net promomix series has been published monthly since December 2004. To download previous promomixes, visit http://jungletrain.net/mixes/.
Due to the station's non-profit and volunteer-based nature, jungletrain.net relies on donations to cover infrastructure and royalty costs. Donate at http://jungletrain.net/donations
- Drum & Bass