Joe's Dad who passed on in 2001 used to call him 'CokaMoJO', or 'Little Joe from CoKaMo' instead of Joe most of the time.
- After returning to Singing from the world of Business Joe decided to go with the name 'CoKaMoJO'
Joe's 'charismatic persona' combined with his silkily smooth 'dynamic vocal personality' will captivate and mesmerizes an audience every time.
- Joe's secret formula is to perform 'OPEN HEART' on his audience;
Thereby penetrating even the coldest and hardest of personalities and reaching deep down to the core depths of an individual in order to make their 'FEEL GOOD - FEEL BETTER'.
About CoKaMoJO's Music:
His Music is Eclectic and very versatile.
- 1950's through the 1970's.
50's Hits, 60's Hits, 70's Hits, Oldies, Pop, Jazz, R&B, Rock N Roll, Standards, Blues, Country, Rockabilly, Funk, Top 40
Joe 'specializes in Tributes' to the following Legendary artists:
Buddy Holly, Elvis, Bobby Darin, Tony Bennett, Sam Cook, Louis Armstrong, Beatles, Ray Charles, Joe Cocker, Jerry Butler, Jim Croche, Willie Nelson, Little Anthony, Beach Boys, Johnny Cash, Johnny Mathis, James Taylor, Hank Williams, Ricky Nelson, Dino (Dean Martain) & Frank Sinatra, Everly Brothers, Jay and the Americans, Bee Gees, Gerry and the PacemakersJimmy Buffett, the Drifters, the Platers, Roger Miller, and many more.
Bobby Darrin, Tom Jones, Ray Charles, Beatles, Buddy Holly, Sam Cook, Frank Sinatra, Elvis, Johnny Mathis, Johnny Cash, and Lou Rauls.
Joe Locascio (CoKaMoJO) was the Production Singer at the Sabre Room located in Hickory Hills IL.: Sabre Room.
- It was much like a Las Vagus production The shows were in main room which sat 2,000 people
- Joe opened and closed the show with the Saberettes dancers He also had a Featured spot in the middle of the show.
- The Chicago Tribune put Joe's picture with articles on a regular basis.
Tony Bennett / Frank Sinatra Jr.:
While appearing at the Saber Room Joe had the opportunity to perform at the same venue event as Frank Sinatra Jr. and Tony Bennett.
Chicago's downtown Playboy Club is another venue that Joe Locascio has performed at.
Jazz Buffet / Jimmy Smith:
In the late 90's At the Jazz Buffet in Chicago Joe had sang with the Legendary Master Jazz Organist 'Jimmy Smith' who had just appeared at Carnegie Hall.
- When Jimmy first heard Joe sing he said;
"damn Joe you can sing; Your singing with me tonight"
- Joe did sing with Jimmy that evening and what a thrill it was for Joe.
- Jimmy Smith invited Joe to tour and be his Front man / Vocalist with his band and to also record with him in L.A. California.
Rollingstone article / Jimmy passed on: Article
Various Artists / Venue's:
Some of the other 'Various Artists' Joe Locascio has performed at the same venue(s) with include:
Shadows of Night
- Remember their giant hit 'GLORIA'?
- from the show 'Leave it to Beaver' who when he grew up played drums in his band.
Cold Turkey band:
The William Morris Agency;
- Who at the time was the Largest Artist Agency in the World signed Joe Locascio and his band 'Cold Turkey'.
- Cold Turkey was among the most popular Top Shelf bands in Chicago.