After 3yrs in Canada working as a DJ/Photographer in Whistler, Artist JimiRay is now back in Australia on the Sunshine Coast spinning fat beats and snapping photo’s.
JimiRay is a well-known name in the Whistler music scene having held a residency at Tommy Africa’s nightclub in Whistler for 2yrs, playing Anthems Fridays/Thursdays, Party Beats, Soul Kitchen, Tranceformation, Australia Day Parties, Tommy’s 25th Birthday, support sets for major artists and other set’s during the 2010 Winter Olympics.
Some other Special Events Jimi has played include:
• Kokanee Silent Disco – Telus World Ski and Snowboard Festival 2010
• LUNAFLIKS - WHISTLER'S FRESH AIR FILMS
• Cero World Friends Charity Fundraiser Night - Maxx Fish Night Club
• Solartribe Full Moon Party – Halloween @ Dustys Bar
• Crankworx MTB Festival 2010 – Cinnamon Bear Hilton Hotel
• FREEWHISTLER.COM, B.C. DAY LONGWEKEND CELEBRATIONS
• Frequency Fridays – Blacks Tavern
• Red Bull Thre3style DJ comp – Moe Joes Nightclub
• King Beats DJ Comp – Kings Beach tavern
Jimi loves mixing Hard Electro, Chunky Breaks, Smooth Progressive, Funky House, Uplifting Drum and Bass, Epic Trance and the occasional Grimy Dubstep track.
Jimi has had the opportunity to open for and play alongside big industry names dj's including: Bass Kleph, Vandalism, The Stafford Brothers, Sydney Blu, Matt The Alien, Tim Livingstone, JT(Audio Pilot), Jamie Vale, Dj Phroh, Milton, Miss Kosmik and many more.