Welcome to episode 401 of The Everyday Junglist Podcast!!
Thank you Section for your mix that we featured for episode 400!
Episode 401 brings us a mix from Subplate Recordings boss, Typecell!
Before we get to Typecell’s mix, here are 5 of his tracks that you should have and be caning: Complex, Construct, Motive Attribution Asymmetry, Rementioning, and Expander!
Typecell's mix features heavy, growling, nasty, rolling tunes, highlighting current and forthcoming tunes from Subplate! The last bit of the mix features a wicked halftime tune and a lush outro! This one for the head noddin crew!
Let's meet our dj for episode 401, Typecell:
Typecell is a electronic music producer and DJ from Kassel/Hessen - Germany. Having bought his first set of turntables and a mixer at the age of 14 came in 1992 the birth of "DJ P.M.C." and first DJ experiences in Clubs and Events followed. In 1996, he started with producing own tracks. His first official releases were put out on his own label, Genetic Rhythm Records, and were subsequently followed by more releases on such labels as Bonzai Records / N.E.W.S., Red Alert Records, Thunderdom, House Nation, as well as many others.
In 1999, he created a new alter ego for himself under the name "Typecell" for his more experimental tracks; fusing techno and drum and bass. His reputation was built in the underground scene by utilizing a series of mix tapes and numerous innovative releases on vinyl, CDs and mp3. About 2002, he started up his long-cultivated drum and bass record label, Protogen Records, which was aimed at a more forward-thinking, club-friendly drum and bass sound. after several well respected releases from artists around the world, the label was forced to shut down after the main distribution went bankrupt. in 2004 he started "Subplate Recordings", focused mainly on dark, minimalistic, neurofunk and techstep sounds aswell on experimental electronic bass music. since then, Typecell has received a great level of resonance and support from many well-known, respected Drum N Bass, as well as Techno, artists worldwide. he released over 10 LP's and several tracks & ep's on diverse labels worldwide.
For more music from Typecell and his label, Subplate Recordings, click on the links below:
Enjoy the sounds of Typecell! The Everyday Junglist Podcast!
01) Exsitu - Unfold [Subplate Recordings]
02) Hickupz - The Devil Wears Nada [Subplate Recordings]
03) ID - ID [forthcoming Subplate Recordings]
04) Surgence & Noir - Enigma [Subplate Recordings]
05) Nobiz - Valve [Subplate Recordings]
06) ID - ID [forthcoming Subplate Recordings]
07) Mindmapper, Silvahfonk - Vicinity [Flexout Audio]
08) Solace - Dawn [Midas Touch Recordings]
09) Screamarts - Lockdown [EKOU Recordings]
10) Klinical, Unglued - Intentions [Overview]
11) ID - ID [forthcoming Subplate Recordings]
12) Mew Zu - Asmodeus [Subplate Recordings]
13) Skylark - Vordt [Overview]
14) Screamarts - Omen [EKOU Recordings]
15) Grey Code - Curve [DIVIDID]
16) Black Opps - Metal Advocates [Subplate Recordings]
17) Levela - Barnacles [Vision]
18) Ephyum - Black Clouds (Invadhertz Remix) [C4C]
19) Submarine - Jitterbug [Midas Touch Recordings]
20) Klinical - Blind Mosaics[Overview]
- Drum & Bass