Madrid based electronic music producer
- Straight Edge Dance EP [Rotten City files 05, 2016]
- Granada/Liberación (Rotten Citizens vol01, w/ Kieran Holden, Cabaret Nocturne and Gameboyz) [Rotten City files 02, 2015]
- Defence of Excess - Drop It Low (JackWasFaster remix) [Voyeur Music, 2016]
- Steek - Revolving (JackWasFaster remix) [Envy Music 34, 2015]
- Gatos Negros - Rockets (JackWasFaster remix) [Rotten Citty Files 01, 2015]
- Role - Ocean (JackWasFaster remix) [Ocean remixes, 2014]
- Nimio - I Am Your Satellite (JackWasFaster Withdrawal Remix) [Origami Recs, 2014]
- Fira Fem - Cine Azteca (JackWasFaster crystal love rework) [Young Latitudes AHORA vol1, 2013]
JackWasFaster is the name chosen by Madrid based producer Manuel Cachero (guitar, synth and electronics of Spanish well known indie-electronic band FIRA FEM) for his solo project. His tracks and remixes are aimed firmly at the common ground between synth-driven electronica, dark disco, dreamy post rock, obscure Balearic, raw house or Weatherall´s post punk vibes.
After some time playing dj sets and promoting parties at most of Madrid clubs, he focuses on production. His first remixes (FIRA FEM, ROLE, NIMIO) got him to be part of Madrid 2015 edition of RedBull Music Academy Bass Camp. After that, he starts releasing for labels like Envy, Bucketround or Voyeur Music and his main home, Rotten City, ruled by Álvaro Cabana. In this label, he releases his first original on a compilation featuring also Kieran Holden, Gameboyz and Cabaret Nocturne.
After some time playing DJ sets and promoting parties at most of Madrid’s clubs, he‘s now more focused on production. His first remixes (FIRA FEM, ROLE, NIMIO) got noticed enough for him to be part of the Madrid 2015 edition of RedBull Music Academy Bass Camp. After that, he started releasing for labels like Envy, Bucketround and Voyeur Music. Most people would probably recognize his name from Álvaro Cabana’s Rotten City. It was on this label that he released his first original on a compilation also featuring Kieran Holden, Gameboyz and Cabaret Nocturne.
His hardware-based live sets are his main weapon, however, with some really positive feedback at festivals like ArteNou and VillaManuela, nights like Versal and Danzeteria and big clubs like Mondo, Razzmatazz or Siroco. And you'll be able to catch him at this year's Sonar Festival in Barcelona too, which will doubtless cement his position as one to watch in an already impressive Spanish music scene.