http://mixcloud.com/hipnoticjazz (DJ mixes)
Hipnotic Jazz, otherwise known as Glen, is a beat and picture maker from Essex, UK. Glen's music takes influences from jazz, hip hop, trip hop, house, garage, broken beat, techno, jungle, drum n bass, soul, funk, reggae, afrobeat, electronica and most other things in between.
Glen grew up on a mixture of soul, prog rock, hip hop and acid house. In 1995 Glen bought himself his first set of turntables and started DJing a mixture of chicago / detroit house and US / UK garage. From 1998 Glen expanded his musical interests through discovering the music and artists that inspired the dance and hip hop music he obsessively mixed and listened to. Whilst DJing at local clubs & bars around Southend (at this stage as a funk, soul, hip hop, trip hop, dance music DJ) Glen studied alto and soprano sax, percussion, turntablism and production. In 2003 Glen switched gears and took on a career supporting young people and families.
Ten years later and Glen creates Hipnotic Jazz - after discovering a new inspiration in mobile picture editing and graphic design, which leads him back to music production, collaboration and promotion through social media.
- King Britt - The Protector [Eco Warrior Remix by Hipnotic Jazz]
- Lazer Baby - Mok(Si) [Hipnotic Jazz Remix]
- Renegade Brass Band - Just Business (Hipnotic Jazz Remix) - released on RBB: Beats, Rhymes and Life Remix album http://www.renegadebrassband.com/
- Gramafonia - Bagirisak [Hipnotic Jazz Outerspace Remix featuring Precinct Phantom]
- Fleeting Moments [debut album] - https://hipnoticjazz.bandcamp.com/album/fleeting-moments-lp
- Freedom to fail [album] - https://hipnoticjazz.bandcamp.com/album/freedom-to-fail
- where Beats don’t sleep… [digital beat tape] - https://hipnoticjazz.bandcamp.com/album/where-beats-dont-sleep-beat-tape
- where Beats don't sleep volume 2 [digital beat tape] - posted 1 beat per day to soundcloud throughout April 2015 - https://hipnoticjazz.bandcamp.com/album/where-beats-dont-sleep-volume-2
- hipnotech [concept album] -
- Infinitely Inconsistent [album]
- she said Wah? [single released on Music is Love Comp "Sounds of Dopeness Vol 1" -
- come test [get slaughtered] - [released on Millenium Jazz Music, Variations Vol 2 comp]
- Awe.K.Wood [single released on Uncomfortable Beats Comp "Natural Selections"]
- Magnetic Music [single released on Brain Food Records Sampler "It's Not Muzak"]
- I Need U (in tha face) [single released on Unanimous Arts Comp "The Collection Part I" https://unanimousarts.bandcamp.com/releases ]
- Utopian Lament [released under the name hipnotech on Millennium Jazz Music Comp "Variations Vol 1" ]
Hipnotic Jazz’s tracks