• HereticBeats (a.k.a. Heretic) is a young, skilled hip hop beatmaker and producer straight outta' Denmark who mainly builds his beats from bits and pieces of old, obscure, often forgotten music that he samples from old, dusty vinyl records - one man's trash is another man's treasure. The Danish sample-wizard's beat-style is predominantly rooted in the East Coast beatmaking tradition popularized in the years 1987-1994 - nowadays referred to as hip hop's golden-age. So what is the definition of Heretic's music-style? It's perhaps best described with a few key-words: obscure, sample-heavy, gritty, tight bass, dat' 12-bit sound, soulful, jazzy, melodic, monotonous, pure, real, RAW, unrelentless, bangin'... hip hop.
• One glimpse at Heretic's vast vinyl collection is enough to reveal that his music-taste spans across literally all genres and styles; from classical to hip hop, from obscure to mainstream, and from bizarre to stream-lined. This cratedigger does not discriminate when it comes to music! Heretic lists among his biggest musical inspirations and influences the following: Karlheinz Stockhausen, Else Marie Pade Bruce Haack, James Brown, Isaac Hayes, Ahmad Jamal, David Bowie, Black Sabbath, Kraftwerk, Depeche Mode, Marley Marl, K-Def, Mark the 45 King, Pete Rock, Buckwild, Lord Finesse, Diamond D, Ski Beatz, Large Professor, DJ Muggs, Q-Tip, DJ Quik, Dr. Dre, Aphex Twin, Plaid, Lemon Jelly, DJ Shadow, J Dilla, Just Blaze, 9th Wonder, Kanye West, Kev Brown, Necro, Marco Polo, Illmind, M-Phazes, RJD2, Phase 5 (DK), Tue Track a.k.a. Track72 (DK), DJ Static (DK), DJ Noize (DK), Sicknature (DK), Trentemöller (DK), Damu the Fudgemunk, Insight, Snowgoons (DE), Black Milk, Pharrell Williams, etc.
• HBstudio: HP Pavilion g7, M-Audio Audiophile USB, M-Audio Studiophile BX5a, Shure SRH440, Numark PT-01 USB , Behringer Tube Composer T1952, Akai MPC2500 Special Edition, Akai S1000, Akai MPD18, M-Audio KeyRig 49, Windows 7 Home Premium, Image-Line FL Studio 11, Audacity 2, Sample Librarian, FXpansion Geist, Image-Line Groove Machine, EZdrummer, Novation Bass Station 2, Novation V-Station 2, kHs One, Cakewalk Z3TA+ 1.5, FireBird+ 2, FabFilter One, Wusik EVE 3, Arturia Minimoog-V Original, TX16Wx 2 Professional, Proteus VX 2, FabFilter Pro-C, Pro-L and Pro-Q, FabFilter Volcano 2, d16 Group SilverLine bundle, CamelPhat 3, FXpansion Etch, Xbass 4000L SE.
• HBministudio: Samsung Galaxy S2 (white), Korg nanoKEY2 (white), M-Audio Studiophile AV40, WinAmp Pro, Image-Line FL Studio Mobile 1.0, Caustic 2, SunVox, n-Track Pro, Audio Evolution Mobile, Su-Preme MPA, DJStudio 5, Chordbot Pro, DDMF Chord Detector, GoldWave Beats/Minute, LAME4Android.
• Twitter: @hereticbeats
• Email: hereticbeats[at]hereticbeats[dot]com
• Website: www.hereticbeats.com
• SoundCloud: www.soundcloud.com/hereticbeats/
Comments by HereticBeats
@themicjordan: I take that as a huge compliment :-)
@dubled: Again, thank you very much!
@fredsonjacobs: Takker! Altid nice med positiv feedback fra en dope fellow beatmaker :-)
@dubled: thx a lot!
@bobbywinning: thx man!
@fibeonax: Thank you.
@jimdog07isp: Thanks. Means a lot to me!
Come on, peeps! Gimme some love - leave a comment if yoou like! Thanx!
@jimdog07isp: thanks a lot.
@lanzkhan: thx, buddy!