HANNAH WANTS // FACE CELLAR DOOR PROMO MIXTAPE // APRIL 2012
SPLIT TRACK DOWNLOAD LINK: http://www.sendspace.com/file/ww3mjt
60 SECONDS WITH HANNAH WANTS:
1. What was the first record (or CD) you ever bought?
I don’t have the best memory BUT a couple of the first ever vinyl records that I bought were ‘Loverush – Same Ol’ Thing’ and ‘Lee Cabrera – Shake It’ when I first started DJ’ing back in 2002 (ish).
2. You have been DJing for quite some time but it was not until you did a season in ibiza you really started making some BIG moves, tell us a little about your ibiza experience and what you got up to?
I'd always wanted to do the season in Ibiza as it is without doubt the best place in the world for house music sooooo I just up and left in 2010. Was the best thing I ever did I suppose in terms of my 'career'. It was out there that I was given some amazing opportunities, started getting noticed and when I got back to the UK after four months on the White Isle, everything just started to happen and it's been an amazing, upward journey ever since.
3. Your DJ schedule is crazy, you travel most weekends all over the UK doing gig after gig, how do you cope with such a busy workload every weekend?
I love my ‘job’ so that definitely helps. Other than that, I am extra ‘OCD’ organised with my sets and always make sure Sunday is a ‘chiller’ day to rest and reload after a hectic weekend.
4. Has been a female DJ made things easier or harder for you?
I’d have to say a bit of both. I’ve had the usual ‘girls can’t DJ’ sexism/criticism over the years but then it has also worked in my favour as people generally double-take when they see a female behind the decks and so making a ‘name’ for myself has probably been a little easier.
5. Your one of my residents at 02:31 after-party and your mixtape you did for me has hit over 10,000 plays, why do you think people buzz off your sets so much?
Ermmmm… This might sound kind of gay but I like to think each of my mixes go on almost a ‘journey’. I don’t just mix any one sub-genre of house music. I like to mix it up, keep it fresh and different, play across the board and drop banger after banger.
I LOVE the fact so many people listen to, play, share and comment on my mixes. The complimentary messages I receive for putting the mixes out are amazing. I appreciate every single one and it makes all the hard work worthwhile. It’s good to know you’re helping people get in the mood for a night out or keeping the party going etc.
6. Your productions have been getting some huge support, do you have anything in the pipe line we should keep our eyes and ears open for?
Karin Park is an amazing, unique vocalist and through the recommendation of Dave Spoon, I was lucky enough to remix one of her tracks, which has been accepted by her label. The girl is going to blow up (not literally) and other future remixers of her tracks are Eats Everything and Maya Jane Coles to name a few so to be chosen and accepted as an official remixer has been massive.
I’ve also got one of the most amazing female vocalists I’ve ever heard to write and record me an original acapella to work with which is really exciting. I can’t announce who it is just yet, but she has had plays on radio 1 and is an unreal talent!
Some of my more recent stuff has also been getting support from big players such as Eats Everything, Chris James, Foamo, Andi Durrant, DJ Q etc and so that has also been really positive.
7. Hannah Wants? what is it you actually want?
Errrrr…… a lot! Music wise though I want to keep living the dream and keep getting bigger and better at what I do.
This mix features 21 house & bass tracks from big producers such as French Fries, Lorenzo, Dusky, Joe Goddard, Gorgon City, Mosca, plus loads more.
(also includes my latest track "Oochie Bang Bang")
Comments & feedback appreciated.
Download, turn it up and enjoy! :D
- House & Bass