Las Vegas, United States
Anna S. Goodhouse (born August 6, 1983), better known as Kussette by here peers and DJ Goodhouse is a house producer and DJ. Also, mixes a lot of electro and minimal to her mixes as seemingly appropriate it is.
Vital Stats (again, please do not skip anything or it will just hold up your card production)
YourStage Name (DJ name): DJ GOODHOUSE
Do you put “DJ” before your stage name?: Nope, you can call me DJ Goodhouse though, but its normally Kussette Goodhouse.
Your Real Name (first and last; seriously): Anna S. Goodhouse
List your genres(what do you spin most often? Breaks, Trance, Hip-Hop, Mash-ups...): HOUSE, BREAKS, TOP 40, MASHUPS, REMIX, CHILLOUT, TRANCE
Height (X’ X”):5'2"
Weight (XXX lbs): 105 lbs
Equipment (what kind of turntables, software, brands? CDs, MP3s, vinyl?): I used 1200MKs Technics, DJM600 Pioneer, Serato, Logic, ProTools, Garageband, Ableton. I learned using LP vinyls in the beginning, then when Serato came up it was easier for me to use my Macbookpro to spin with the turntables. However, I am looking to focus on working with CDJs now rather than Serato interface. Also, I switched some lights on for producing my own tracks and giving something back to then music industry. For some reason, creating my own tracks gave me more control in executing the exact tones I wanted to execute and simply broadened my understanding of the endless possibilities I can do out of simple tools. Thus, being able to express and communicate my passion clearly and satisfyingly.
Birthplace: (city/state/country): Manila, Philippines
Your Favorite Song(____by____) (if you don’t pick one, we’ll take whatever song is on your myspace page): We Belong (Mizfunk full vocal mix) Ferry Corsten (Ibiza Residency 09)
Do you have a “day job”? What is it?: I don't have a day job. I own my own business. I have an online store where I sell top products consumables exclusively sold online. The web address is http://goodhouseshop.com
Also, I produce my own tracks and record label and having a great time !!!
How did you get/come up with your DJ name: Kussette is my nickname since I was a kid. I've used it in school since I was in kindergarten. All my friends and family call me Kussette. It's a unique name, try typing "kussette" in Google and you will see there all the webs about me.. I haven't known anyone in the whole world with the exact spelling.
Getting To Know You
Please chooseat least THREEof the following questions and answereach in about 25 words or less:
1. Other than by “being high energy” or playing new tracks, how do you get and keep the crowd's attention? By introducing new techniques and styles, adding some instruments in the recording like saxophone, trumpet or harmonica. Certain instruments create that amazing sound that is very catchy rather than simple drum & bass. Also, if I see someone enjoying the music I would focus on trying to please him/her more and imagine playing for that person alone. Lastly, I would simply play from my heart out of all the hardwork and passion I put into my music and execute it the way it should be executed.
2. What do you like best about being a DJ? I like it best that I am able to share my passion to people and they absolutely appreciate it and dance to it. Also, it feels like worship being able to do what you love to do and making the most out of your talents and skills that were meant to be shared to the world/people. Not to mention, I like the fact that I am also in the coolest spot in the club, guess what "DJ Booth!"
3. What would you be doing if you weren't a DJ? If I was not a DJ I would probably a writer or a graphic designer. I like to compose music and essays. Also, I like making websites, movie clips, animations in Flash, Director and Final Cut Pro. I like to be able to express my ideas in multimedia tools. I like making commercials, advertisement and music videos. Also, maybe I'd be a marine biologist, studying underwater life in the far away seas in the Oceania, Atlantic Ocean and China Sea; Or I can be an Engineer working on audio and visuals for stage live performance such as Cirque du Soleil, Perfecto and BlueManGroup.
4. Do you have a particular skill that sets you apart? I would have to say my technical skills. I'm am trained computer programmer and technical support. I have a long patience dealing with codes seeing trends and numbers which somehow makes me tap into the possibilities of tomorrow.
5. Who is your DJing hero or heroine? All my friends who are DJ friends and promoters here in Vegas like Steven Klimanski, Justin Sayne, Brandon N, Robert Oleysck, Melissa Beecroft, Jordan Stevens, Reagan Worling Jr and Bof Santos. They helped me a lot in becoming where I am right now. Also, most especially my husband Teyna T. Goodhouse whom where I got all these ideas of being a DJ. When he got deployed in IRAQ he sent me all the equipment and taught me how to DJ on the phone while he was on deployment. He is an amazing man and he is my hero. He inspires and motivates me a lot!
6. How did you get started DJing? I used to do recordings on cassette tapes when I was about 8 years old. I would play with radio cassette players and record tracks over on top of each other. I thought it was amazing after a couple of hours mixing I come up with a song which actually sounded good and my brother liked. Then, I still continued to burn cds and remix them randomly in my teens. Then I met Teyna Goodhouse last 2005 in Las Vegas and we became real good friends when we started talking about music, djs and parties around the world. Teyna and I got married 2 years later and music has always been the reason of our togetherness. Music binds us together. Then, USMC needs to deploy him to IRAQ but we still continued sharing music, talking about music, records and equipment. Then one Christmas, I gave a CD I mixed to one of our audio engineers at the Luxor and he liked it. He asked me if I wanted to DJ because they were looking for a DJ to spin in the new center bar they are opening "Liquidity" I said no, but my husband while he was in IRAQ sent me all the equipment, like turntables, mixer, vinyls, macbookpro and needles. When the equipment arrived, I opened them and started to play and became a bedroom DJ. I practiced and learned on my own together with my DJ friends here in Vegas and it became a hobby which I determined to pursue as career.
7. What is your philosophy on being a DJ? Being a DJ is an honor and privilege to be able to communicate and connect with people through music. It is a chance given to a DJ to perform and share his passion to the people and make them realize how wonderful it is to be truly alive. Also, in the process we meet and learn from DJs and Music Producers who hold titles and been in the industry for years. Thus give them a lot of respect for their full use of their talents with hard work to come to where they are.
8. Where do you see yourself in 10 years? I see myself traveling around the world DJing. Such as Ibiza, Dubai, Manila, Okinawa, London, Calgary and Germany. Making my dreams come into reality!!!
9. What isthe very best thing about Vegas and/or DJing in Vegas? The best about Vegas is its dense DJs per capita is increasing by the day. Everybody here helps each other to be famous, have a gig and introduce to people they need to talk to. We all motivate and inspire each other to be happy and satisfied with our lives. I met a lot of people who I can relate music with and we can share links, programs, techniques and tracks. The value of something always becomes "Double Value" when we share it with other friends DJ or not.
10. Do you have a signature move/prop/gimmick? Classical Music Undertaking ( you can hear some trumpets and classical grand piano in some of my tracks mixed with house and trance which is sounds electronic pop.)
Current Residencies (at least one must be in LV):
Club, Year started: Private House After Hour Parties in VEGAS 2007
Club, City, Year started/ended: Bootlegger Bistro Las Vegas @ 7700 Las Vegas Blvd. 2008
Club, City, Year started/ended: Juice Bar @ Boracay Beach, Philippines 2009
Club, City, Year started/ended: Forbes KTV @ Las Vegas 3400 Jones Blvd 2010
Club, City, Year started/ended: Mc Fadden's @ Rio Hotel & Casino 2010
Current Weekly Schedule
Monday: in school
Tuesday: @ Satellite Bar
Wednesday: @Forbes & Velvet Lion
Saturday: @Obsession, Velvet Lion