Giovanni Lami (Ravenna, Italy, 1978) is a sound artist and musician who work within soundscape and sound- ecology boundaries. Graduated in Food Science and Technologies and in Photography, formerly photographer he had exhibitions across Europe and abroad, attended a couple of artistic residence (Basque Country and Norway) and worked with several commercial realities (from Unesco in Lalibela /Ethiopia to alternative clothing brand as Dead Meat). Presently working in the field of sound, his influence as a photographer lends itself perfectly to composing his sonic explorations. The infinite universe of sound is as long and broad as the visual possibilities available using images, working on field recordings and real time signals processing (analog or digital); the infinite universe of sounds we've every day all around us and their manipulation is the base of his modus operandi, related today with the study of resonant surfaces in the field and the limit/interferences of each stuff he used to record or reproduce a sound.
He's a member of AIPS (Archivio Italiano Paesaggi Sonori).
Since 2009, he played in venues including: Conservatorio B.Maderna (Cesena), DalVerme (Roma), Mu.Vi.Ment.S. Festival 2010 (Itri), Fondazione Giorgio Cini (Venezia), Festival C/off (Faenza), Kernel Festival (Desio), NerosuBianco (Cesena), Tagofest VI (Massa), Florence Live Looping Festival (Firenze), Flussi2011 (Avellino), Spazio Elastico (Bologna), Barbur Gallery (Jerusalem), Rogatka (Tel Aviv), The Zimmer (Tel Aviv), Kreuzberg Pavillon (Berlin), Homework Festival (Bologna), Ravenna Festival (Ravenna), Teatro Fondamenta Nuove (Venezia), KNOT Gallery (Athens), Les Yper Yper (Thessaloniki), The Bee's Mouth (Brighton), CafeOTO (London), HanaBi (Ravenna), Teatro Moderno (Agliana), O' (Milan), Störung Festival (Barcelona), Quiet Cue (Berlin), Area Sismica (Forlì), Macao (Milan), Sonnenstube (Lugano), Convento di S.Agostino (Pietrasanta), Apollo Theatre (Hermoupolis), Standards (Milan), Spektrum (Berlin), StudioAcht (Berlin), Spazio Text (Vittorio Veneto), Menza Pri Koritu (Lubiana), CafeOTO Project Room (London), Cafe Kino (Bristol), OOR (Zurich), Klappfon (Basel).
Artist in Residence at:
Hotel Pupik (Austria, 2015)
Khora /Syros Film Festival (Greece, 2015)
------------------------- Past Releases -----
- Looking for Pleasure Destroyed Yourself, Palustre records, box of 2x mini CDr
- GW Ep | as Gray Whale, Palustre records, mini CDr
- WMfY, Audio Gourmet, digital download
- Killing HF Harlow | as Terrapin, Fratto9, CD
- in Sirenis, Danilo Montanari Editore, LP12" gatefold
- I Misteri, Impulsive Habitat, digital download
- split w/Sublamp, Felt, c-40
- To Die for a Fur Coat, self released, CD
- Postcards from Italy, Oak, CD (AIPS collective)
- EP | as Lemures, Cronica, digital release
- split w/Kenny the Chimp, Felt, c-20
- Lemuria | as Lemures, Cronica, LP12"
- मेम वेर्म, Kohlhaas, LP12" (hand screenprinted)
- split w/Nicola Ratti, Granny Records, EP7"
- Bias, Consumer Waste, CD in 7" envelope w/16pgs risographed booklet
Giovanni Lami’s tracks