Are you struggling with weight loss? Praying for a miracle formula?
Your prayers get answered by Dr. Kulreet Chaudhary in this podcast about her best selling book Prime: Prepare and Repair Your Body for Spontaneous Weight Loss. She's an expert in both modern neurology and Ayurveda and has been featured in Dr. Oz's show. As a neuroscientist, she has participated in over twenty clinical research studies in the areas of multiple sclerosis, Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, ALS, and diabetic peripheral neuropathy. While treating her patients through a diet and lifestyle program she noticed they started losing weight too, which led to the epiphany about toxins and weight.
Here are the Key Questions and highlights:
02:00 1. Have you found the magic pill to spontaneous weight loss?
- If you are healthier, your weight normalizes spontaneously.
02:16 2. Are you saying that everyone who's obese is actually unhealthy?
- When we look at ayurvedic medicine, it's important to know your body type.
- 3 Body Types (Dosha): Vata, Pitta, Kapha
- We can't say one is overweight by simply looking, we have to know their Body Type.
- Most people are overweight because of toxicity. Even with no diagnosed illness, their bodies are not experiencing absolute prime.
03:16 3. What inspired you to write this book?
- "The book chose me as a voice" and I had to share the insights from my patients losing weight.
06:50 4. How can some people eat without gaining weight while others struggle despite minimal food intake? Where is the problem?
- The answer all goes to biochemistry, which comes from the gut and involves the microbiome, the set of bacteria that lives in the GI drive.
- The microbiome in the body has significant effects on the brain, decisions, behavior, personality and what you eat.
10:33 5. What is it that we're doing to our body that creates weight gain?
- AMA: Can refer to toxic inflamation, physical and mental level, and amount of toxicity we're producing in our body.
- Because of the accumulation of ama, it becomes difficult to maintain a healthy weight.
11:57 6. Where are these toxins (Ama) coming from?
- We're eating food that is depleted of nutrients.
- Since we slowly substituted foods coming from the earth, we also slowly changed the type of bacteria that's inside of us.
- We're eating very sick animals.
- We created a 100,000 new chemical constituents which were tested to be 1% safe for human beings and particularly unsafe for women. Many mimic or stimulate estrogen in our bodies, which promotes disease.
- We're eating and living in an environement filled with chemicals and have an unhealthy lifestyle.
16:40 7. Tell us how we can change our lifestyle.
- You are in a biochemical prison.
- Begin to shift your biochemistry step by step, then you will begin to automatically make changes in the way you live.
18:54 8. Tell us what are those little changes we can make for spontaneous weight loss.
- 4 step process in The Prime.
- Take a gut IQ test. The smarter your gut, the faster you can go.
- A dumb gut is a leaky gut, where the food your eating is going into the blood stream. It has damaged the brain located in the gut. It has lost communication to the brain in your head. The microbiome also changes from beneficial to parasitic.
4 step process to stop cravings and regenerate:
- Start with an herb called Triphala, which clears out colon toxins.
-The Prime Tea.
- Pulls out toxins in the body. Lights up the fire in your belly (Agni)
- Go with herbs that help you reverse neuroadaptation, which makes the brain in your head and gut get addicted to certain food.
- Introduce things that will help to pull out deeply rooted toxins in the organs.
- Introduce new habits to support new biochemistry.
For rest of show notes click this link >>
- Health and Wellness