• Born in the outskirts of Pisa, he has been playing diatonic harmonica since 1987 and gained experience in several blues bands. Few years later he collaborated with the Blues Harbour, Michael Coleman, Nick Becattini & The Serious Fun.
• He approached Jazz by studying chromatic harmonica (as an autodidact) and listening to STEVIE WONDER and TOOTS THIELEMANS, but especially to saxophonists such as C.Parker, A.Pepper, J.Coltrane, Sonny Stitt, and pianists such as B. Evans, Bud Powell.
• In 1992 and 1993 he attended the Siena Jazz summer workshops and played with B. Tommaso’s Lab Orchestra and the Clinics of Boston Berklee College of Music in Perugia for UMBRIA JAZZ.
• In 1993/94 he attended the C.A.M. school of music in Scandicci (FI), as a student of Luca Flores, whom he performed with. He joined the DUKE OF ABRUZZI BIG BAND directed by A. Fabbri, performing in several theatres and auditoriums in Tuscany, accompanying extraordinary jazz players such as P. Fresu and M. Giammarco. In 1995 he played for the soundtrack of «Io No Spik Inglish», a movie by the Vanzina brothers, starring P.Villaggio. He was finalist for Euro Jazz Festival in Oristano and for Summer Jazz Fest in Prato. He recorded a live performance with P. Fresu.
• In 1996 he began to study harmony and jazz improvisation techniques with Riccardo Arrighini. He also attended the summer workshops of WE LOVE JAZZ ‘96 (with Benny Golson, Kenny Burrel, Ron Carter and Joe Chambers) and BERKLEE IN UMBRIA with Gorge Garzone.
• In 1996/97 he attended the C.P.M. in Siena with Marco Tamburini and Maurizio Giammarco. He also attended the workshops given by the pianist E. Pieranunzi, by the double bass player PALLE DANIELSSON, and by the soprano saxophonist DAVE LIEBMAN.
• In 1997 he took part in EUROPE JAZZ CONTEST in Overijse (Bruxelles).
• In march 1998 he recorded “Boppin’ on Harp” with the pianist Stefano Bollani. He performed at Barga Jazz Festival, with E. Pieranunzi, A. Kramer, M. Giammarco, M. Tamburini, S. Bollani, P. Tonolo and S. Gibellini. He also perfomed at Mentana Jazz Festival (Rome), where he got a scholarship to attend Berklee in Umbria.
• In the 1999 editions of Chicago Blues Festival and Umbria Jazz Festival he performed with the Sugar Blue Band at Rosa’s Lounge in Chicago and with Pat Metheny in Perugia.
• From 1995 to 2000 he tought at Civica Scuola di Musica in Capannori (Lucca, Italy).
• In 1999 he studied arrangement with Mauro Grossi.
• From 2000 to 2004 he took part in the «ETNOCLASSIC» project, which resulted in the album «ZORONGO» (EMA Records).
• In 2001 he collaborated with the GERARDO DI LELLA BIG BAND, with the «Vince Lateano Trio» in S. Francisco. In New York he worked with P. D’Rivera and Randy Brecker.
• In 2002 he took part in BeatOnto Jazz, with F. Bosso, as well as in Resort Playa Pesquero of Holguin Cuba.
• In 2003 he moved to La Habana (Cuba) to work with various and important jazz players from the Popular Cuban music at «La Zorra Y El Cuervo» jazz club. He also collaborated with the composer and pianist Mauro Grossi. He played in Bangkok with the jazz singer Cherryl Hayes.
• In 2004 he carried out the “Encanto Latino” project, conceived together with the bass player and composer Alberto Bientinesi.
• In 2005 Esperanto Mediterraneo “Luca Flores 10 anni dopo” (Firenze), Teatro delle Commedie (Livorno) with Bobo Rondelli
• In 2006 he performed at Cavatappi Jazz Club wiht Fabrizio Bosso, at Colle Jazz (Associazione ToscanaJazz, Collesalvetti, LI), again at Cavatappi Jazz Club with Sandro Gibellini, Ares Tavolazzi, Alan Farrington, Radio Tre Suite, La Stanza della Musica (RAI Radio Tre, Roma).
• In 2007 Concert of the teachers of the Jazz Dep. at Scuola Bonamici di Pisa, with Andrea Pellegrini, Il CIRCOLO LUCCA JAZZ, Umbria Jazz (Deco Hotel), with R. Sellani, G. Basso, M. Manzi, M. Morriconi. Seravezza (Toscana Jazz), Barga Jazz 2007, with S. Onorati, G. Evangelista, A. Fabbri. A Monterosso (Cinque Terre - La Spezia) with Stefano “Cocco” Cantini and “I Poeti del Mare” with string quartet di Toscana Jazz.
• In 2008 International Harmonic Festival “HARMONICA SUR CHER” in St. Agnan sur Cher, GREY CAT FESTIVAL in Follonica (GR).
• In 2009 New Album with R. Arrighini trio “Harmonitaly”, City Vibes at the Teatro Studio in Scandicci with Javier Girotto. Musicastrada (Montopoli Jazz) Festival, Collinarea (opening of Stefano Bollani Carioca),
• In 2010 Caprillina Jazz (Livorno), Parco San Rossore with the actor Claudio Lobbia.
• 2011 Ex Wide (Pisa), “Sogni” by Beppe Dati (Era’s Theater) (Pi), Calambrone “American’s Theater”with Paolo Vallesi.
Some of the concerts performed in Italy:
Europa musica (FI), Teatro Odeon (Ponsacco,PI), Festival di Melfi (Città di Melfi, PZ), Musica a Palazzo Pretorio (Certaldo, FI), Gezziamoci «Onyx» (Matera), Musica per gli Uffizi (FI), Mousiké 2002 (Pomaretto, TO), Piemonte in musica (TO), Antiquariato e Musica (LU), Beat Onto Jazz Festival (Bitonto, BA), Jazz Fest Cerisano (CS), Università di Cosenza (CS), Festival Piemonte in Musica (Gravere, TO), Teatro Cinghio (Parma),Jazz Chalet (Torre del Lago Puccini, LU),Mattinate Musicali a P. Ducale (LU), Armonie della Sera (Rivoli, TO), Europa Musica(Arezzo),Festival di Musica Etnica (Lido di Casalecchio, BO), Rassegna Concertistica 2001 (Capannori, LU), Effetto Venezia (LI), Festival Viaggiando in Musica (Sirmione, BS),Festival Intemazionale Barga Jazz (Barga, LU), Palazzo degli Uffizi (FI), Associazione Percussionistica (Umbertide, PG), Drome (Roma), Tribù (Nocera Inferiore SA), Mentana Jazz Festival (Mentana, Roma), Dr.Jazz (PI), Università di S. Anna (PI)……..