There aren´t many people who, for years, have decided to entrust themselves to the electronic music escene in Bilbao. José Vicente López, however, is a standout case because by 1974, with a copy of “ Radio activity” by Kraftwerk, in his hands, a new musical movement dawned wich lead him to take his first steps as a Dj in 1978, menacing the most emblematic Bilbao nightclubs, it was the time of new wave, after punk and techno pop.
In 1980 he started to perform professionally as resident Dj in the Thebas Club in the heart of Bilbao. He occupied this post for 13 years, during which, he style evolved exploring new musical trends of all types and receiving influences as diverse as funk and disco from the early 80´s and the madchester and house sounds of the late 80´s. It was at this time that he met the then member of Dúo Estático, José Luis Rebollo a.k.a. Madelman, with whom he shared the Dj booth for several years.
The renewed musical activity of the 90´s inspired him to investigate the elaborate sounds of techno while working in the Palladium Club as resident Dj and organiser of live events, bringing to the city the first national electronic live acts, most notearly Madelman, Feel Action, Vanguard and Protozoo.
It was during this time that he was converted to the digital format, swapping his Technics for a pair of Pioneers.
In 1998, he created the first electronic music collective in Bilbao, NoDaTa, currently active in the promotion of musical and artistic events. Organising events in the city´s best clubs: Arrebato, Azkena, Caos, Congreso, Conjunto Vacío, Distrito 9, Rock Star, The Image...
This dedication and devotion for the music culminated in 2001 whith his stellar performance at the closing party of Sónar together with: Mathias Schaffhaüser, Random Factor, Dominic Capello, Ralph Lawson and Herbert. Also, during this same year, he closed, together with Jack de Marseille, the most important festival in the north of Spain, Electrogaia.
DJV Sound is one of the most reliable djs in the Basque Country scene as u can see him spinning in the major clubs of the area.
In 2002 emphasizes its performance in Sun Dance Music Festival (Tallinn-Estonia). In 2003 in FIB Heineken (Benicassim) and for the second time in Electrogaia.
Since the day that open, in the year 2005, he is one of the general managers and resident dj at Fever, www.fever.es ,the most important club in north of Spain
Outstanding performances (2005 / Today):
* BARRACA | Valencia:
* BE COOL | Barcelona
* BEATZ | Salamanca
* CRAZY Flex Club | Viena - Austria
* CULTURE ELECTRO Le Spot | Biarritz - France
* DAANZÚ | Tarifa - Cadiz
* DECADANCE | Gent - Belgium
* DER MACHINE | Leuven - Belgium
* DIEPANG Catwalk | Rotterdam - Holand
* DOCS DF | México D.F.
* ELECTROMID FESTIVAL | Montpellier – France
* ELECTROSONIC FESTIVAL | Burgos
* FELLINI | Barcelona
* FORTISSIMO Cafe Leopold | Vienna - Austria
* FRONT ON | SAN FERMINES | Pamplona
* GOA Fabrik | Madrid
* GUGGENHEIM MUSEUM Art After Dark | Bilbao
* LAZARUS | Brussels - Belgium
* LO*LI*TA* Razzmatazz | Barcelona
* LOFT.CO | Gijón
* LOW CLUB| Madrid
* MACHINE | Leuven - Belgium
* MARGINAL | Madeira - Portugal
* MINUS SHOWCASE Fever | Bilbao
* MOOG | Barcelona
* MOVE! Charlatan | Gent - Belgium
* NICOLETTE | Pamplona
* PAGOA | Oiartzun - Gipuzkoa
* PALAIS | Munich - Germany
* PERRON | Rotterdam - Holand
* PRATERSAUNA | Viena - Austria
* ROTE SONNE | Munich - Germany
* SOJO | Leuven - Belgica
* TENDER | Madeira - Portugal
* THE MILL CLUBS | Valencia
* WEEKEND | Berlin - Germany
DJV Sound’s tracks