Welcome to A Complete Balearic Journey - Session 34 - Autumn 2013, the first in a series of all new adventures taking YOU (the listener) on a voyage through the seasons and sound. I feel that each season has its own unique sound, a sub-genre that provides an aural feel of what our other senses experience.
AUTUMN has arrived, my favorite season and one I wait for all year. Here in my small corner of the world (Holland, MI USA), Autumn is by far the best season with warm days (not too hot) and chilly nights (not too cold). It's the perfect season to be outdoors and explore all that nature has to offer, which around these parts is plenty. The trees are forecast to put on a display of color the likes which haven't been seen for nearly ten years. The deer have returned, most often at night and many times right outside my back window, so very majestic in the moonlight. In fact, creatures of all sorts are busy preparing for Winter soon to overtake the land. I believe that in many ways I too am readying myself for that oncoming season of darkness.
AUTUMN is the season of penultimate change that can be visibly observed more than in any of the other seasons, with the exception of Spring, though the change that Autumn brings is much more profound. Autumn’s change is not only evident in nature (the leaves whose beauty cannot be described, almost as if the Earth is putting on a grand finale before the harshness of Winter) but also in ourselves. I relish this beauty, my entire body, mind and spirit "move" with it. Autumn is also a time of personal change, at least for me, a time when my thoughts turn inward and I reflect on the year past. Autumn is melancholy and full of the "sad-happiness" that is my life, my creative instinct, and my art. I learned long ago that Autumn and I have a very special and unique relationship. There are times when I quite honestly don't think we could or would (for that matter) exist without each other. We are one and the same, deeply intertwined on a level that few understand. I feel more alive during this season than I do in any other, for Autumn possesses an undeniable magic.
AUTUMN is October, my favorite month, and by far the most magic month of the year, secret and mysterious. October is the end that leads to the beginning, though everything seems to literally fall into place during this month. It has always been that way and more than likely will always be. Not surprising, considering that ancient lore dictates that in October the veil between the worlds is at its thinnest, all time is one, life and death merge . . . WE become the seeds of OUR own rebirth.
OUR journey begins at 10:00 p.m. on a mid-October night, there's a definite chill in the air as WE head off to the only escape available. Trying desperately to shake a feeling of loss, yet needing to remember. Is it possible to relive an experience that changed US forever . . . ? As the memories of that golden Summer spent on The Magic Island hit US like a tsunami crashing on shore dancing seems the only solution. As WE walk on, that ever so distinct smell of Autumn becomes noticeable. WE pause, wondering why more than in any other season Autumn has such a powerful scent. A sign of change, perhaps . . . ? Upon reaching OUR destination and a quick stop at coat check, WE plant OURSELVES firmly on the dance floor. The center, the only place to immerse OURSELVES completely in the experience that surrounds US. It's early and the upwards journey has just begun; the sounds of CHILL, progressive HOUSE, Balearic HOUSE, HOUSE, Balearic TRANCE, progressive TRANCE and epic TRANCE provide the appropriate backdrop as WE begin to dance . . .
OCTOBER MOON and rusty skies, Ever CHANGING feelings, The seeds of AUTUMN in my mind . . .
Here is the track list :
1. Autumn Leaves [Original Mix] - Karunesh (intro)
2. Zoey [Original Mix - DJ WOLF e.'s Extended Edit] - Mike Hennessy
3. Wishful Thinking [Embliss Remix] - Ali Mahmud
4. Somebody's Story [Original Mix] - Mike Hennessy
5. This Is You [Blood Groove & Kikis Remix] - Nigel Good featuring Sarah Clark
6. Crimson [Original Mix] - Seriana
7. Starlight In Your Eyes [Original Mix] - Syncroft
8. Round & Round [Shingo Nakamura Remix] - 19 Hz
9. Moonwaves [Blood Groove & Kikis Remix] - Haroun Omar
10. Time Lapse [Original Mix] - Intrinity
11. Legends [Extended Version - DJ WOLF e.'s Extended Edit] - Dinka
12. Without You [Original Mix] - Somna & Vijo Caselle featuring Sarah-Jane Neild
13. Falling Away [Original Mix] - Invisible Sounds
14. So High [Dub Mix] - Tom NyL featuring Undina
15. So High [Vocal Mix] - Tom NyL featuring Undina
16. Synapse [Lunars Progressive Remix] - Jeremy Vancaulart
17. In & Out [Original Mix] - Sunlounger featuring Alexander Pearls
18. Shelter [Original Mix] - Susana & Aurosonic
19. Tears [Aurosonic Remix] - Headstrong featuring Stine Grove
20. Lost At Sea [Luiz B Remix] - Matt Darey featuring Ashley Tomberlin
21. Lost Tonight [Original Mix] - Jan Martin
22. Autumn [Invisible Sounds Remix - DJ WOLF e.'s Extended Edit] - Jason Bradberry featuring Emily Haughton
23. Way Back Home [Original Mix] - Simon J featuring Simon Binkenborn
24. All I Need To Know [Rob Miller Remix] - Trance Arts featuring Claire Willis
25. Little Signs Of Distance [Original Mix] - Ana Criado & D-Mad
26. Tonight [Original Mix] - Burak & Emre
27. Chrysalis Heart [Stereojackers vs. Mark Loverush Remix - DJ WOLF e.'s Extended Edit] - Delerium featuring Stef Lang
28. Imprisoned [Original Mix] - Shogun featuring Emma Lock
29. Still With Me [Stoneface & Terminal Remix] - Tritonal featuring Cristina Soto
30. Watching Jupiter And Mars [Wellenrausch Mix] - Wellenrausch & Velvet Skies featuring Tiff Lacey
31. Love Lasts Forever [Original Mix] - Paul Rigel
32. Follow You [Extended Mix] - Nitrous Oxide featuring Aneym
33. Lunar Rings [Prospekt Remix] - Solarstone featuring Essence
34. Soundscape [Denis Sender Remix] - Cold Rush
35. Reflections [Cold Rush Remix] - BluEye
36. Perfect Love [Original Mix] - Aly & Fila meet Roger Shah featuring Adrina Thorpe
37. Forward Facing [Walsh & McAuley Remix] - Josh Gabriel presents Winter Kills
38. Vienna [Lenny Bertoldo Club Mix] - Linda Eder
Watching YOU watching ME, All that OUR eyes could see, All of the NIGHTS, WE chased into the DAWN, It was the best time of MY life . . .
Thank you all for your continued support. Much LOVE and RESPECT to you, my loyal fans, and please take the time to like The Official DJ WOLF e. Fan Page at : http://www.facebook.com/pages/DJ-WOLF-e/113152778706171 and my Sound Cloud page at: http://soundcloud.com/dj-wolf-e
All My Best . . .
DJ WOLF e.
BALEARIC is not just a SOUND - BALEARIC is a way of LIFE