South London, Croydon
One of UK's original Dubstep pioneers. Member of the acclaimed H.E.N.C.H Records, manager & director of RVRSL Records.
- LOST was born in the UK, raised in Croydon which is famous for being the home of 'Big Apple records' the stomping ground for producers such as Skream, Benga, Coki, Mala, Loafah, Hatcha, Ntype, Cluekid, Cyrus, Artwork (Menta) just to name a few. With releases on the most predominant labels in Dubstep LOST has worked with the likes of Jakes, Kromestar, Von D, Hatcha, Shiverz, Beezy, Cyrus, Requake, LAXX, Badklaat, 50 Carrot, Benton, Lifecycle, Mighty Moe (Heartless Crew), Jammer, Wretch 32, Crazy D, Blacks (OG's),
- Somewhat of a child prodigy, he started DJ-ing at an early age, and got his first set of decks aged 12. At the time Big Apple records was his local shrine to vinyl, buying records with any bit of pocket money he had, mixing grime and garage, and inspired by his father's career as a succesful house DJ/producer, LOST went on to study music business and production at college.
- He started making beats on Cubase, building his production skills and started off producing grime/garage, before going on to host his very own internet music show on MixingRadio.com - part of Mixing Records in Croydon, where the legendary Big Apple records store used to be. It was not long before his attention was caught by the burgeoning dubstep movement; inspired by the sounds of Skream's "Lightening/Glamma" and Digital Mystikz's & Loafah's "Da Wrath" on the DMZ label; he turned his hand to dubstep production early 2008.
- As he immersed himself in the scene, it was not long before Lost was rubbing shoulders with the big boys, and his debut release "Neck Back" was released on Hatcha & N-Type's "Sin City records" label; the "Croydon Dubheads EP. After plays out on Kiss100fm, Lost was singled out by Dubstep/DNB don, Jakes, and asked to join the HENCH crew. With releases on the most predominant labels in Dubstep LOST has worked with the likes of Jakes, Kromestar, Von D, Hatcha, Shiverz, Beezy, Cyrus, Requake, LAXX, Badklaat, 50 Carrot, Benton, Lifecycle, Mighty Moe (Heartless Crew), Jammer, Wretch 32, Crazy D, Blacks (OG's),
- LOST brought his own sound to HENCH when he joined which influenced a new wave of producers. With just over 11years experience as a DJ, LOST has played all over the world from Miami to L.A, from London to Paris, Malta and Italy, festivals in Croatia, Amsterdam, Sweden, Holland, Belgium, Estonia and thats just to name a few. LOST has come a long way from Croydon to say the least but nowhere near where he should be...
Users who follow LOST