At Darek, we’re thrilled to present our third Aleph V/A which is actually our 10th release, including a diverse and mature selection of ten excellent tracks. As usual we gave the chance to some new talents to show us what they’re capable of, but we also have some beasts on board, like: Chris Fortier, Mark Henning and Alex Smoke between all the other amazing producers.
"The Aleph is a short story by the Argentine writer and poet Jorge Luis Borges, first published in 1949. In Borges's story, the Aleph is a point in space that contains all other points. Anyone who gazes into it can see everything in the universe from every angle simultaneously, without distortion, overlapping or confusion. The story continues the theme of infinity..."
Track by track:
1. Jack Pattern - Gimel Obed (Original Mix): This new and promising Swiss/Mexican/Italian duo, sometimes turning into a colorful trio, is opening the dance with a very deep and organic composition. It has some magic inside, and it’s made with a lot of love and positive feelings. This one is perfect for a warm up or a chill out moment. Jack Pattern are actually producing their first EP, and you’ll hear more from them in the future, that’s for sure.
2. Chris Fortier feat Audioglobin - Facilidad Profunda (Original Mix): Now directly from New York as well as Miami, Chris Fortier and Audioglobin present us their new stunning work. It’s a quirky, dark and beautiful composition with the right dose of mystery. Perfect to let your imagination run free. Chris already charted this track, and it’s an honor to have him with us in this Aleph project. Lately, he also released on Fade and Bedrock among other labels.
3. Karmina - Last Call to Gate Number (Alland Byallo Flight Is Delayed Mix): Our lovely French/Yugoslavian Karmina who’s been very active in Ibiza this summer is presenting one of her latest tracks. This version is remixed by Alland Byallo, one of the busiest men in the San Francisco techno community. This year, Alland also released on Liebe Detail and other great labels. This version is wicked, and ideal for the middle of a set, it has a catchy beat
and some cool breaks.
4. Mark Henning - Haunt Me (Original Mix): Like the title reveals, you could probably picture yourself in a haunted place while listening to this groovy and curious track. This one is delivered by nonetheless then UK producer Mark Henning who lately released on Trapez and Clink. This composition is really cool and dark at the same time; it has some interesting elements, and works great in different moments of a set depending on how crazy the crowd is. It’s a really nice piece of minimal techno.
5. Marquez Ill - Regret (Franco Bianco Remix): The original version of this track is clearly a masterpiece, and has been played and charted all over the world. The Argentinean Franco Bianco was chosen as one of the remixers for this sensual composition. He added his special touch and revisited this track by making it crazier with some delicate breaks. This year, he also released some freaky tunes on Hypercolour and Space Factory between other labels. But mainly, he was very active travelling around the world from Beirut to Tokyo, passing by New York and Santo Domingo for his Live! Tour with the Tenori-On.
6. Alex Smoke - Bubble Rim (Original Mix): We instantly fell in love with this track. Alex’s productions have that certain something coming out of the ordinary. The strong groove and the uprising rhythm as well as the broken beats all melt together in an old school way. It’s a challenging composition with industrial sounds, it’s dark, deep and we want more of this. This well known producer from Glasgow has been releasing lately on labels such as Soma, Vakant, Ware and Hum+Haw.
7. Martin Huergo & Andres Oddone - Cordillera de los Unders (Original Mix): This Argentinean duo is producing some real bombs, and now you have another proof of it! This funky, weird, groovy, bleepin’ piece of tech house is a must for the middle of your set. It doesn’t leave the crowd indifferent and creates a very cool atmosphere on the dance floor. It has some Arabic influences as well as some broken beats and a whole lot to love. Watch out, because these two are burning hot, and have just been remixed by Pier Bucci on Dilek Records.
8. Jimmy Hornitos - El Mariachi (Original Mix): This dreamy and deep track has some guitar samples and Turkish folkloric influences. It transports you back to the summer, while the cold days are slowly starting to arrive. The melody and the basses will hypnotize your dancing crowd and leave them asking for more. This uprising German/Turkish producer is definitely one to watch.
9. Diego Ro-K - Pubik (Original Mix): This Argentinean DJ and producer is delivering a great piece of techno, with an amazing bass line and some captivating beats. The track constantly increases until you experience a very effective break. It’s a really nice dance floor track, perfect for a demanding and screaming, sweaty crowd. Diego is very active in his home country, and has played in the best clubs. His productions are very catchy.
10. Junior Lopez - In To The Key (Original Mix): Since we’re in love with Argentina, we’ll present another one if its amazing and well known producer. Junior Lopez aka Flug is very active since many years, and now he delivered this smashing track. It’s a mixture of dreamy melodies, strong uprising beats with an impeccable structure. It’s a pleasure to play and hear this track. It has groove, it’s deep, hypnotic, and it will transport the audience for sure. Watch out for more tunes of this producer on Sleaze, Acktivism, Mind Trip and other labels.
ALEPH PART THREE : 28.09.10 // ALL DIGITAL SHOPS: 28.10.10
1)Jack Pattern – Gimel Obed (Original Mix)
2)Chris Fortier feat Audioglobin – Facilidad Profunda (Original Mix)
3)Karmina - Last Call to Gate Number (Alland Byallo Flight Is Delayed Mix)
4)Mark Henning - Haunt Me (Original Mix)
5)Marquez Ill – Regret (Franco Bianco Remix)
6)Alex Smoke - Bubble Rim (Original Mix)
7)Martin Huergo & Andres Oddone – Cordillera de los Unders (Original Mix)
8)Jimmy Hornitos – El Mariachi (Original Mix)
9)Diego Ro-K – Pubik (Original Mix)
10)Junior Lopez - In To The Key (Original Mix)
ALEPH PART FOUR : BEATPORT: 26.10.10 // ALL DIGITAL SHOPS: 26.11.10
1)Erich Bogatzky – Xenobia (Original Mix)
2)Iori Wakasa - Love Is Organ (Original Mix)
3)DCNT - Repeat on three (Original Mix)
4)Artemow - Ladung (Original Mix)
5)Signal Deluxe - Violets and roses (Original Mix)
6)Alex Tomb – Switch to MBP1 Board (Original Mix)
7)Razz – Andina (Original Mix)
8)Nico Cano – Antique (Original Mix)
9)pFuzzle - Moelleux (Original Mix)
10)Nasty Boy - Black Corner (Original Mix)
The Aleph Part Four will be out in one month including amazing tracks of Erich Bogatzky, DCNT aka Franklin De Costa, Signal Deluxe, Nico Cano and many others talented artists!
Stay tuned for more news! Also, don't forget to check our Facebook page, in order to listen some of these stunning productions.
Raffaella Bec (Dilek Records & Darek Recordings)
- Techno, Tech House, House