You want a lite beer? Hit the Radisson. This is top shelf liquor. "Stormy Monday", barreled and crafted by <b>Zilla Rocca & The Shadowboxers</b>, aged in oak casks by <b>Has-Lo</b> (Mello Music Group), who produces and guests on the mic, chiseled with ice picks by <b>The Kid Daytona</b> (LRG Clothing's own) before sitting in front of you in this chalice. Dedicated to dark wood paneled speakeasy's and sultry women who are good till the last drop, "Stormy Monday" isn't about a quick buzz -- it's holding something in a glass that lasts all night.
<b>"Stormy Monday"</b> is now available on iTunes: http://bit.ly/YsbeKf
<b>*Premiere @ XXL:</b> http://bit.ly/16Oihkh
- - -
• Either as a solo artist, in Wrecking Crew, or with his collective The Shadowboxers (formerly 5 O'Clock Shadowboxers), <b>Zilla Rocca</b> has released a mixtape, an LP, and 4 EP's to much acclaim, since 2008. His releases have checkered Best of the Year lists in the LA Weekly, Scene Magazine (Australia), HipHopDX, Philly Weekly, Passion of the Weiss, WXPN 88.5 FM (World Cafe Live!), and many more.
• Zilla Rocca's collaborative homage to Wu-Tang Clan, <b>Wu-Tang Pulp</b>, alongside Has-Lo and Curly Castro as the Wrecking Crew, was named the #10 Best Mixtape of 2012 at HipHopDX.com. To boot, the first video "Scallops," was co-signed by Slug (of Atmosphere).
• The Shadowboxers are a continuation of Zilla's self-proclaimed "Noir Hop" style, which consist of hardboiled rhymes entrenched in slang, sex, crime and betrayal, with the city of Philadelphia as the midnight watcher.
• His 2009 LP with the Shadowboxers, <b>The Slow Twilight</b> was featured on the homepage of MySpace Music, and warranted online features from URB.com, 2DopeBoyz, Potholes In My Blog, The Smoking Section, Pop Matters and Metal Lungies, among others, and was named the #45 Best Hip Hop Album of the 2000's by Passion of the Weiss.
• Zilla's latest full length effort with The Shadowboxers, <b>No Vacation for Murder</b>, features Roc Marciano, Geechi Suede (of Camp Lo), Has-Lo (Mello Music Group), Curly Castro (Man Bites Dog Records), and Open Mike Eagle (Fake Four Inc/Hellfyre Club).
• Zilla has previously collaborated with Starkey (Planet Mu), Reef the Lost Cauze (Army of the Pharoahes), Elucid (Lessondary Crew), Dylan (Freak Recordings/Therapy Sessions), L'Orange (Jakarta Records), Silent Dust (None60 Records), Has-Lo, Curly Castro, and Small Professor (Coalmine Records).
- Hip Hop/Rap