De Kulture Music and Blue Lotus Festival on various social media.
About: Blue Lotus Festival
Discover Sounds of India! A Magical Voyage through the Undiscovered Indian Music and Culture! 13th-18th February 2013 - Puskhar - India.
Blue Lotus Festival is an unprecedented international event focused on presenting the richness of genres and styles of best of Indian Sufi, Folk, Traditional, Gypsy, Tribal, Devotional, Spiritual and Indigenous music from 13th to 18th February 2013. The festival will be celebrated in Pushkar - an ancient town of great cultural and historical importance in Rajasthan, India.
It is believed that Pushkar had originated from the petal that fell from a blue lotus held by Lord Brahma - the creator of the universe according to Indian mythology. From the fourth century BC people have been visiting Pushkar for pilgrimage and some settled here transforming it into a town of unique spirit with hundreds of hidden temples and picturesque ghats surrounding the lake.
• To endorse ethnic, cultural and artistic diversity of India.
• By embarking its audience on magical voyage through undiscovered sounds of India.
• To revive the rituals and traditions standing behind ancient musical forms.
● Over 40 performances over a period of six days
● Special night showcases at sand dunes, sunrise performances,
temples and concerts at archaeological sites.
● Music workshops and film screenings
● Camel safaris
● Many interactive ways to experience Indian culture and art
● Local cuisine from across India
● International audience and media coverage
AUTHENTIC MUSIC OF INDIA
● Discover over 300 talented artists from incredible states of India such as Rajasthan, Gujarat, Punjab, Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Nagaland, Chhattisgarh, Kerala, West Bengal and many more
● Explore the best of flourishing as well as vanishing unique genres of Indian traditional music: Qawwali, Bhajan, Kafi, Bheth, Waai, Chang Nritya, Kalbelia, Shram Geet, Deru, Folk Instrumentals, Jangda, Lokgeet, Bhangra, Luddi and many others
● Lose yourself in joyful wedding festivities, spiritual ceremonies of different religions, tribal rituals from the depths of the forest, folk dances of ancient communities, love songs from the desert peripheries, mythological tales of wandering ascetics, among others
● Unearth rare traditional instruments of India on the edge of extinction
● Experience unheard sounds and voices of India with all your senses.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZERS
BLF is the creation of De Kulture Music Pvt Ltd which for the last seven years has pursued the aim of researching, identifying, recording and documenting unique and accomplished Indian artists from the Indian countryside and promoting them in new refreshing ways. Now with this initiative we wish to present these true and fascinating voices of Indian soil to the souls of wider audience by reviving the rituals and traditions standing behind ancient musical forms.