Please enjoy Dale Turner's FILM MUSIC SAMPLER - 10 Cues in 10 Minutes! This is mostly thematic material.
A breakdown/analysis of these FILM-ORIENTED musical pieces:
1) ICE SCULPTURE (1:53) - A piece conjured from images of frozen Swedish and Norwegian landscapes. (Ethereal)
2) "ANGULAR AESTHETICS" (1:18) - Quirky, pizzicato strings cue w/bassoon melody, supported by clarinets/flutes; also features portamento violins (Fantasy/Main Title)
3) "SUNKEN SUNRISE" (1:00) - Ambient/ethereal/atmospheric piano theme of wonderment/longing
4) "SNOOPER DUPER" (0:36) - Oddball underscore w/minimalist "retro" organ melody, staccato piano, snare drum improvisation and thumping bass drum; detective "snooping around" in the dark (Crime Drama, Comedy)
5) "ROBOT BOOGIE" (0:20) - Upbeat, "robot dance" groove with fun, quirky melody (Comedy)
6) "NIGHT SPEEDER" (1:45) - Intense, night-time car chase (being hunted) music (Action, Suspense
7) "DELICATE DESPONDENCE" (1:22) - Sad, slow, evocative piece w/Dulcitone, harp, celesta, glockenspiel, and low string pads
8) "WISHING WELL" (0:44) - Ukulele w/flutes, marimba, snare drum, string bass & glockenspiel (End Title)
9) "SADDLE UP" (1:47) - Wild west "prairie riding" cowboy song w/harmonica, acoustic guitar, banjo, misc. "bell" percussion, accordion, jaw harp, and strings (Western)
10) "MOURNFUL STRINGS" (1:32) - Somber underscore piece (mock-up) for 14-12-10-8-6 string orchestra (Epic, Drama)
10) "BRIAN ON THE BRAIN" (0:56) - Dark/mysterious/eerie a cappella vocal quartet à la "avant-garde" Beach Boys
All works composed, performed, arranged, mixed, and *mastered by Dale Turner © 2016 Close to the Bone (ASCAP)
Film music inspirations: Bernard Herrmann, Danny Elfman, Alexandre Desplat, Ennio Morricone, Hans Zimmer, Thomas Newman, Jon Brion, Jonny Greenwood, Jerry Goldsmith, Trent Reznor, Randy Newman, Philip Glass, Ry Cooder...
CONTACT Dale Turner, to help fulfill your unusual/quirky, dark/mysterious/suspenseful, eclectic, sensitive film project's emotional/dramatic needs.