In memory of prolific Chicago musician 'Crazy Crazy' Tim Rutkowski, Rabid Badger Records released 'Love a crazy compilation' in early 2012 – a set that collects Rutkowski’s career work over fifteen years including time with Wilco’s late Jay Bennett, his time in The Eisenhowers with Ike Reilly, in The Crickle with Erich McMann and more.
The compilation explores multiple genres including rock, pop, techno, experimental improvisation, dub, jazz, urban funk and r&b. While featuring Tim's drumming, percussion, sax and production, it also showcases various recording styles such as authentic 4-track reggae dub, crystal clear studio production with Jay Bennett, hard to find Ike Reilly (Eisenhowers) recordings and even a Kentucky Jelly jam which was written, performed and recorded in one take.
1) Love - Crickle - Love 1991
Erich McMann - rhythm guitar/bass/vocals, Tim Rutkowski - drums/percussion/b-vocals, Sean Fried - rhythm guitar, Bill Schenk – lyrics
2) She Feels Like Christmas Day - The Critics - Yuletunes 1991
Kevin Mantegna - guitar/vocals, Tim Rutkowski - drums, Marty Winer - b vocals, Erich McMann - bass
3) I Want You - JC Jordan - Come Inside 2004
J.C. Jordan - vocals/guitar/bass/keyboards, Tim Rutkowski - drums, Raw Sugar - background vocals
4) Fifty Cent Words - Jay Bennett - The Beloved Enemy 2004
Jay Bennett - words & music, *East Side Tim - drums, Phil Rockrohr - basic track co producer
5) Love Is The Work Of The Devil - William Purvis and Seventh Sons - What's Troubling Me 2004
William Purvis - vocals/slide guitar, Matt James - rhythm & lead guitar, Tony Wisnewski - bass, Tim Rutkowski - drums/percussion, Sybil Dorito - writer
6) You Gotta Roll - The Industry - Everything Comes With A Price 2004
Justin Lee - guitar/vocals, *Rez Fervor - drums, Jaime Lake - bass
7) Nothing - Boney Pile - Henry Portrait of a Serial Killer II Soundtrack 1996
Libby Kiljoy - vocals, Bob - guitar/bass, James Boned - bass/guitar, *Blood Alley - drums
8) Techno Jesus - Fetus Cosmos - Fetus Cosmos 1995
Tim Rutkowski - drums/electronic programming, Erich McMann - guitar/bass/vocals, Elisa Lombardo - vocals
9) The Exception To The Rule - The Industry - The Industry EP 2002
Jaime Lake - bass/vocals, Justin Lee - guitar, *Rez Fervor - drums
10) Clampdown - London Calling - Demo 2003
Clampdown - London Calling - Demo (Phil Rockrohr - guitar/lead vocals, Tim Rutkowski - drums, Owen Cooper - lead guitar/b-vocals, Nick Stavropoulos - bass/b-vocals
11) Intermission - Monsters of Dub - Ring Bang Role EP 2002
James McConnell - guitar/keys, Tim Rutkowski - sax, Brad Rutkowski - drums/percussion
12) Real As Life - Turtle Porn - Big Action Issue 2001
Freebus - bass/guitar/vocals, *Crazy Crazy - drums/percussion/sax/b-vocals
13) G is for Good - The Soul Sound Unbound - Hill Road Sessions 1999
Tim Rutkowski - alto sax, Greg Firak - guitar, Brad Rutkowski - drums, Dave Young - bass, D.J. Marley Marr - turn tables
14) Peaceful - Ike Reilly / The Eisenhowers - Community No. 9 1992
Ike Reilly - guitar/vocals, Phil Karnats - guitar, Tim Rutkowski - drums, Mars Williams - saxophone, Ben Currier - percussion, Tim Condon - b-vocals, Bill Fanelli - bass
15) New Dude Parlor - Kentucky Jelly - Cold Fusion Winniebago 2001
Pete Downes - guitar/gtr synth/vocals, *Crazy Tim - sax/percussion, Superfly Russell - bass, Dominic Vaglica - drums, John Duncan - bass
16) Hunky Dory Chunky Funky - The Soul Sound Unbound - Hill Road Sessions 1999
Brad Rutkowski - drums, Greg Firak - guitar, Tim Rutkowski - alto sax, Dave Young - bass, D.J. Marley Marr - turn tables
17) Bofe - Scanning Babies - Devolver 2003
*Crazy Tim - drums, Pete Downes - guitar/vocals, L. Roy Wollen - bass
18) Love in Vain - Phil Rockrohr & The Lifters - Buxom 2005
Phil Rockrohr - guitar/vocals, Justin Hugeback - guitar, Tim Rutkowski - drums, Mike Schwarz - bass
19) Our Love Song - Ike Reilly / The Eisenhowers - Community No. 9 1992
Ike Reilly - guitar, vocals, Phil Karnats - guitar, Tim Rutkowski - drums, Bob Griffin - trumpet, Ben Currier - percussion, Bill Fanelli - bass
Executive Producer - Todd Rutkowski * Associate Producer - Pete Downes * Graphic Design & Layout - Billy Bitz
Tim's earliest musical influences were his Mom and Dad, Uncle Gary, Grandpa Chris, Cousin Dan Michalski and those magical Monday night jam sessions at Wise Fools on Lincoln Ave. where he experienced some of the best Jazz session players as a boy in the late 1970's and his cousin and accomplished drummer Jonathan Rutkowski who helped Tim come to the realization that he could be a drummer and sax player too.
Steve Dahl, Paul Shaffer & The World's Most Dangerous Band, SNL, JBTV, Night Flight, MTV, Dr. Demento, WMET, WLUP, WXRT and Barry Winograd's Jazz Transfusion were also early influences.
Thanks to all his music instructors, band mates, collaborators, supporters and friends over the years. Special thanks to all the writers for their gracious releases and to the performers, producers and engineers for their contributions to this record.
Hats off to 'Crazy Crazy' Tim, wherever he may be, for a lifetime of love and complete devotion to the Chicago music scene.
And finally, thank you for listening.
Timothy John Rutkowski
(AKA *Crazy Tim, Crazy Crazy, East Side Tim, Rez Fervor, Blood Alley)
1968 – 2005
Contact - CrazyTimMusic@yahoo.com
©2012 Rabid Badger Records
Rock In Peace Szeremet, Jay & Tim
- Rock 'n' Roll